Donator's should get a banner under their name like staff members

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by astrophysic, Jul 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astrophysic

mememaster
    I feel like it would be a cool idea for donator's to have a banner under their name on the forums like staff members, depending on their ingame rank. For instance, if I was Diamond rank, I could get a light blue banner under my name with the title "Diamond".

It would be a good feature and something interesting so people know who are and aren't donator's. Maybe right now isn't the best time because the server is still being setup, but maybe in the future it would be a cool idea to have.

MicroSquid and seekingattention like this.
  2. Cxrtr

Cxrtr
    I don't think that this is a good idea, because the forums and the server aren't connected.
    When a player first becomes Staff, their roles have to be manually updated by an Administrator, then manually removed if the person is demoted. This same thing goes for every subteam that the staff member is on.

For this to be able to happen with players, an Admin would have to verify it's you, verify the rank, and then update the tags. As there are tens of thousands of donators, I don't think that this would be a possibility purely based off of the sheer amount of people who join the forums.

KingKottlewing likes this.
  3. Lexalt

I think it would be good just to change the color of their name to the rank color

MicroSquid and puza like this.
  4. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew
    Actually many servers have /register in-game that links to their profile account on the forums. MC-Central could easily integrate this into their server and forums so that we can have a "Donator" tag here. I would like the donator tag but it isn't needed.

5. SannsCraft

Eevyie
    Hello!

I don't really agree with your idea, I just want to bring up some points of my view:
    1. As you said, the website is new and everything is being setup, Administrators and Owners don't have to much time to create these tags.
    2. So much colorful! The website would be so much colorful and hard to make the difference between Donors and Staff Members.
    3. It would be hard to Administrators to set all donor manually (at the Beginning). Although if there would be a way to link the forum account with the minecraft one, I think it wouldn't be added anyway.

I'm glad you created this post so we can get more opinions from everyone. Also, this is just my point of view and I hope you understand that.

Cheers!

6. Cxrtr

Cxrtr
    Those servers also have custom forum systems, leading to the developers having easy access into features such as /register. It's difficult (if not, impossible) for the Owner of the server to integrate that into the forums and ingame, as this new forum software is not custom, and is ran by a third party once again.

This transfer from Enjin to Xenforo allowed the Owners and Admin Team to have more control over everything that was involved with the forums, such as User Walls specifically.

7. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew
    I have done this for a Xenforo page before. I can't stress how easy it actually is. (Obviously I don't develop or have any control of anything on MCC so I wouldn't know their system and how it works) but I have done it before.

But I don't see it being added as I believe they only want staff members to have tags to avoid distractions (obviously there are other reasons) but this is one I have heard the most.

8. Composures

Composures
    Hello Astrophysic,

I think it would be nice if donators had a colored tag like they do in the Discord server. However, I do not see this being added at all due to confusion coming from players.

Have a nice day or night! -Lauran (Composures)

MicroSquid and puposaurus like this.
  9. Lexalt

Like I said, just change the letters in the name, maybe make them bold, but don't actually add a banner

10. bypaths

bypaths Guest

I feel like Staff members should be the only ones with these types of tags due to the fact of them being easy to tell from regular players. This is easier for players to notice them and contact them

Zade likes this.
  11. Saphiya

Saphiya
    Hey! i like this idea but i feel like it'll be too messy if we add this idea. I believe players would get confused and having all 9 ranks would look like a mess. The website is still being setup and fixed so keep posting your ideas and maybe it'll be added :D

12. Prismane

Prismane
    Sure there have been other servers doing this, but with so many donators and already having a donator role for players in the discord I wouldn’t see this being put for the new website.

13. FarisNyanNyan

FarisNyanNyan
    It is a good and neat idea, but I don't particularly think it will be needed. There are probably other important things to fix other than aesthetics.

14. Ankh

Ankh
    Or they could just make use of the Xenforo Minecraft Association addon, and use that to assign user roles based off in-game ranks. Would honestly take not even a few hours to code up a system like that.

To the OP, I'd say I like this idea. However some people have paid for multiple ranks before, so maybe just make it show their highest rank instead of all of them like @Saphiya said.

Dog7000 likes this.
  15. SnupsAndPups21

SnupsAndPups21
    Yes I feel like that would be cool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.