Disrespect in /msgf

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by guih, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Ahnxious

Emiies
    That only happens when its in public chat I believe. Private message is different, please correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    Just wanted to provide some clarification regarding these confusions. When a player chatreports another user, ALL of the messages/commands that the reported user has issued within the previous 10 minutes are saved in the CR file for staff to view. This means that even if Player1 chatreports Player2, we can still see the messages that Player2 sent to Player3. However, staff typically do not punish for messages that the reported player sends to a player who did not report them, as these could easily be jokes/etc. (We assume that if the player was uncomfortable with the private messages from the reported player, they would chatreport the player themselves). Hopefully this provides some clarity as to how the system works.

3. Ahnxious

Emiies

Thank you for correcting me. The one thing I don't get is your making it seem like private messages can be punishable. Can you clarify more about the rules of private messages. Plus I dont know if its just me but if someone tells me to kill myself or call me a racial slur on private messages.. I wouldn't find that as a joke. I had many senerios where people were nice to me and it twisted after I actually friended them.

4. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    For ChatReported offenses - these are punishable:
    /msg - any chat offense (minus Filter Bypass, as there is no filter in /msg)
    Public Island Chat, /p chat, Team Chat in Minigames - any chat offense
    Party Chat, Guild Chat, Gang Chat, Clan Chat, Friend Messages, Team Island Chats, Faction Chats - Severity 3 Chat Offenses and threats

I'm not sure what exactly your response means as chat offenses are punishable in every form of private messages, however at varying severities based on which type of chat is used.

5. Ankh

Ankh
    Obviously no one accepts a friend request because they know the person is going to trash talk them. You're going to blame the player and say it's their fault that someone else broke the rules in PMs? Literally the entire point of having chat rules is to keep things PG for kids, what's the point in even having rules if I can just add those same people as a friend and call them a fat fucking retard in msgf. Could literally threaten to slaughter their entire family in front of their eyes without getting punished. But oh it's all fine and dandy, unless I mention Hypixel's IP. Fucking makes me sick.

Honestly seems like this was only put in place so staff don't have to deal with it. "Not my problem" sort of thing.

JoaoOssucci, Eleung_musk and Ahnxious like this.
  6. Ahnxious

Emiies
    Yeah, I agree this makes me boil. We are paying our money to this server and expecting to at least be somewhat respected when joining and playing. But now it's okay to receive death threats, be racist, and just be a toxic person individually. In my opinion, this rule should change. Especially due to the fact that they are looking for more staff. I know not everyone is an angel at times but still. If you are applying for staff and harass players on (Mcc) the own server YOU are applying to... just no. Also, I think punishments on discord/in-game should be somewhat tied together. If a player is obviously harassing you in-game and switches to discord to pm/call you on Mccentrals discord server and say horrible things.. there should be consequences. No matter where this harassment is taking place it all ties back to the server they are playing in.

Quote from another post:

I personally feel like this should be added to, due to various of reasons. Do I really need to explain?

Another thing... "Discord messages/problems are easy to fake." Okay, then I should suggest having another staff team to be only devoted to the discord server. This would help players get help much easier and also give the in-game staff a break. I'm just saying Mccentrals player's behavior isn't getting any better. They should make a change soon before its too late and everyone decides to go rebel and not listen to the rules.

JoaoOssucci likes this.
  7. Eleung_musk

eleung
    Well for the discord staff thing, I think that it’s a little bit stupid. Staff have a life, even if they sign up for staff. It sounds like you want staff to do everything related to mcc. Staff can’t control what people say and to regulate what people say in private message, I don’t think it’ll be good for discord. You can bring up advertising in discord private messages, yea ok but that’s advertising, you’re basically getting messages from bots. I really admire staff(well some of them), because they do a lot for the community and are hard working. However, at the same time, I think we as the community should understand staff can’t do stuff 24/7/365, they have a life and they already have problems regulating MCC, why add discord into the mix, especially the private messages...

Idk I Know I don’t have a strong argument but I mean it’s my opinion on the matter. It’s to give insight not to start a fight.

8. abbs

Abbskababs
    Okay so like, What if someone you used to be friends with (People can change) decides they want to be a troll and threaten to ddos etc through /msgf ? So like thats not punishable? Seems kinda sus but okay :/

puposaurus likes this.
  9. guih

guihzy
    Nope. DDoS threatening thru /msgf is still punishable. The recent change in the rule made it so disrespect isn’t.

10. ImRex

ImRex
    With this being said, you could easily ignore people from spamming you in the /msg too, which makes that an unfair rule. Say I spam someone and they chatreport me. I could simply say "They could just ignore me and then I couldn't spam them." This is the same as removing someone from your friends list if they are harassing/spamming you in /msgf. The command /ignore (player) works universally and stops that player from msging you anything.

11. Raqueese

Raqueese
    If someone who is capable of ddosing (unlike most of the harmless retards on mcc) ddos threatens you, they would probably just message you on discord or not say anything at all that could directly prove it is them.
    Also if someone is ddosing you, or has your ip, change it and ur fine assuming they dont try to dox u.

12. Ahnxious

Emiies
    "Okay, then I should suggest having another staff team to be only devoted to the discord server. This would help players get help much easier and also give the in-game staff a break."

I'm encouraging this server to add a staff team only for discord purposes. As I said above this would give in-game staff a break and also help players. I don't expect staff to be moderating 24/7 but again that is their job. I feel like being staff in-game/website/discord must be really difficult. So that's why I am encouraging to maybe create a new staff team devoted to this issue. You cant obviously control private messages... but you can control what is being said on the mcc discord server and voice call. (On their server) In my opinion from the experiences I have had, the moderating of the player's comments (message on general/comment on vc) on the discord server isn't doing really well. That's why I think they should add another staff team/position to help out with such things.

*Forgot to mention its okay calling my idea stupid but please when talking to other people please use a better word*

13. Eleung_musk

eleung
    I haven’t seen too much problems with the messages but at the same time, I don’t look at the mcc community discord. As for the vc, how would you expect someone to do that? Would staff go into the vc when they see people talking? Like it doesn’t make sense. If they record it, I mean I’ve never recorded a call and sent it to report a player but if they did, and it’s breaking a rule, of course they’ll get banned or whatever.

For me using a better word, what else did you want me to say? I mean sure I’ll call it unintelligent but the main point is still there so there’s really no point changing the word class unless it actually affects you that I didn’t use ‘a better word’, which in my opinion, that’s idiotic.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.