Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Discussion on IRL Deals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LendingGalaxy, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LendingGalaxy

LendingGalaxy
    Hello, I am LendingGalaxy

There currently isn’t any rule on scamming for irl deals on prison or factions. Losing or stealing in real life money is concerning and isn’t right plus it is illegal in some places. This isn’t right for players to lose money in real life neither in game. This rule should be added to have a impact on the amount of people being scammed by irl deals. Please leave your beliefs on adding a rule for irl deal scamming as it is more serious then regular scamming! Dm me if you need questions answered LendingGalaxy#6986 have a good day!

MCCentralBaby likes this.
  2. wafe

wafe
    Hey Galaxy! I completely agree with you on this idea, scamming IRL money should not be allowed at all. The problem is that MCC doesn't deal with IRL scams, which makes sense but also sucks for the person who got scammed. There'd be no way to show proof of evidence since it'd be too easy to just fake it. The staff team can't just take someone's word and ban someone for IRL scamming. The best thing to do is to deal with using IRL scams is using a staff middle man!

1 last thing, even if the person was to have enough valid proof and this "IRL Scamming" rule was a thing, the person still lost real-life money. Personally I wouldn't be satisfied with the person only getting banned. MCC can't give you your money back either way.

Hopefully, this makes some sort of sense?

Essentially there's no reason to add a rule about IRL scamming since staff members can offer to middle man!

I'd have to say -1 on this idea since there'd wouldn't be a punishment that would match the money you lost, and proving that someone actually scammed your money would be too hard (and easily faked). I completely see why you'd want this to be added though.

I hope you have a wonderful day sir!

FarisNyanNyan, iluvu and puposaurus like this.
  3. W5vil

W5vil
    I think this would be more of a problem if staff members did not middle man. But since they do, I’m ok with it staying as it is. Thank god for middle mans

4. JonesSniper

JonesSniper
    I think it shouldn’t be allowed on some game modes. Factions if shoulda be allowed there’s no reason why it shouldn't be.

Have a wonderful week

~Jones

5. MicroSquid

MicroSquid
    Hey, I kinda agree that it shouldn’t be allowed because at that point you are no longer messing with a game. Someone mentioned that it would be difficult to prove that you were scammed irl money, however, it’s really not. Basically when you purchase something on mcc you get a receipt. Along with this usernames appear on the sidebar of recent purchases. One could also record the whole deal process. I think this should only be acceptable for punishment if a user lost irl money because losing in game money isn’t so much of a loss rather than a waste of time. I hope this makes sense :)
    ~Micro

6. prominer10

100% agree with you I hope the prison/factions staff wel see it!

have a nice day

7. FarisNyanNyan

FarisNyanNyan
    Hey! FarisNya!

IRL scamming is definitely a horrible thing happening but I believe it should be up to the player who wants the virtual goods to handle it responsibly. This is real money that coincidentally results in MCC goods. Like some have said, MCC isn't going to reimburse you for getting scammed. It should be your responsibility and it's your money you chose to use. If you are scared, here are some clues:

1. Call a middleman.
    At this point it should be a norm to call a middleman. Staffs are excellent middleman people.

2. What if they are persistent on not having a middleman?
    Cut them off. Insist on having a middleman or you won't do business. Wait for staff to get on. If staff aren't on, add the person with /friend and when a staff is on, msg them and do it there. This probably won't happen often because the staff here are pretty active and I've gotten hold of them even at midnight.

That's all I got for now! Nya!

#7 FarisNyanNyan, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    iluvu likes this.
  8. CryingShame

Seth9367
    Yeah I agree with you guys, IRL deals can be a bit risky. But like Kyo said, it is best to ask a staff to be a middleman, that way they can give you back the things you are trading for and you don't have to pay the money. The staff are usually happy to help you in the deal, or at least for me they have been. Usually, when I want to do an IRL deal, I just go to the discord and ask.

9. Brausie

H8H
    Galaxy I personally think on factions it should be allowed because it’s kind of part of factions (although it’s not the nicest thing to do) it is part of factions. If you don’t like this rule I would recommend getting a staff or another player that both sides trust to be a middleman for the deal. I can agree that the rule should maybe be added to prisons but at the same time I don’t think it’s one of those problems that they need to fix right here right now.

Personally I rarely do irl deals for this reason but I have done them before and gotten scammed and also gotten my money’s worth. Hope this effects your decision <3

10. LendingGalaxy

LendingGalaxy
    I understand where everyone’s Coming from but some players may not know what a middle man is, as players sometimes ask me. Money is hard worked for and it’s know going to waste which isn’t right no matter what and if you got scammed $20 on this game, how would you feel? It’s what the other players are thinking you got to put yourself in their position when you are thinking because they aren’t as updated and smart in a way as some others.

11. iluvu

The problem is that you either have to cut off IRL dealing completely which nobody wants (most don't*) or effectively keep it how it is, nobody likes to be scammed but that is just how some people / the internet is sometimes and with all trading that is a risk you sometimes have to take, luckily staff are there to be the bridge of legitimacy and if someone is ok with trading outside of this avenue then that is their risk. I absolutely get where you're coming from but Kyo and Faris really put it perfectly in their posts, without outlawing IRL deals entirely there would be no way to actually crack down on this and it would also likely result in a lot of people fishing for punishments through this avenue due to how the evidence for it would likely have to be collected.

FarisNyanNyan likes this.
  12. MCCentralBaby

FingerOnDaTrigga
    There should be a rule when leading up to a irl deal record leading up to it and the person saying or promising they will do the deal legit and if they scam they should get perma banned just my opinion though

13. Kane

Kane
    ~Locked Due to Thread Bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.