Discord *Staff List* Suggestion

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by SplatBerry, May 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SplatBerry

SplatBerry
    Heya!
    I am here with a suggestion. I suggest a staff list in the discord, as a separate channel in the important/announcement section. I believe this would be a good idea 1: if a player needs to contact a certain staff for an issue, they can easily go to the staff lost to find them. 2: If a player is wondering who the staff members/roles are.
    I have an idea of what this could look like. Of course it would be neater, but if your wondering, this is the idea/simular suggestion of what it could look like, if added. (It would be more near and look nicer) upload_2021-5-11_11-55-0.jpeg upload_2021-5-11_11-55-0.jpeg
    Thanks,
    Splat

2. micunmuted

PLARPS
    +1 for this I think it would be useful if people can't find a staff member and it would be way easier then just trying to find them and looking over for them. this is a good suggestion and will help in a lot of situations.

SplatBerry likes this.
  3. Minninq

Minninq
    Hey there,

To begin off I don't think this idea would be very useful due to the fact that usually if you need help you may be looking for a specific staff member and if you want any staff member you can just ask in #support for help and not every staff member will be available at the time that you need help. I don't see a need for this or how it would be useful. You can also find a staff list on the forums here. Have a great day :)​

BlockyBeach and 89p like this.
  4. SplatBerry

SplatBerry
    Hey! I see what you mean. If you were, let’s say punished by a staff member and you would politely like to ask why you were punished, you can easily to go the list, filter by rank, click the @, and message them. This would make this process, very much less tedious.

5. Lxvely

Lxvely
    Hi there,

Personally, I don't think this is a very useful idea. If you want to find a staff list, there is one on the website as well as on the right side of the screen on Discord. Also, to see a staff members role you only need to click on their profile on the website or the discord.

Have a lovely day :)

Xermes and BlockyBeach like this.
  6. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    I do like the innovation here but I do agree with what @Minninq and @Lxvely have said so far, a pre-exisiting staff list is available on the forums, a more condensed version of what your suggesting already exists on discord through the use of discord tags on the staff members and the MCC wiki which can be filtered to find people.

-1 from me but good suggestion none the less chief C:

BlockyBeach, Lxvely and Dionnysus like this.
  7. guih

guihzy
    This is just unnecessary. There’s no staff that are discord-only staff. Ok, if that was the case then yeah I believe a channel for that would be a good idea but that’s not something mcc has. There’s already a staff list on the website, as well as the discord member list that has staff members separated from common members (by that I mean, donators, members and server boosters). It just takes a bit of common sense for one to realize that. -1

BlockyBeach and Dionnysus like this.
  8. Darenn

Darenn
    Hey SplatBerry :)

I think someone could see this both ways but we have to keep in mind both ups and downs to this:

+ No need to ask for a staff member in the support channel;
    + Easy access to their roles, direct messages for whichever reason, if they do appear to be offline.
    - An extra channel which would most probably look very odd;
    - This would be a channel that would require an update bi-weekly which adds on an Admins' work after-promotions;
    - Overall just an unnecessary add-on as you can get to a list similar to this with one click on our forums.

So yeah; I can see why people could say this would be useful but I believe that on a long-term basis, it possibly could come out as an impractical channel.
    Have an awesome day regardless!

9. SplatBerry

SplatBerry
    I’ve seen the downside to this idea, and I think this suggestion can be locked :)

BlockyBeach and Dionnysus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.