Discord reports

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by guih, Nov 9, 2019.

1. guih

guihzy
    Wassup community members and staff members that may read this. I’ve been active recently on discord mainly and I’ve seen lots of people breaking rules. this suggestion will help people reporting users that break rules on discord.
    What if reports team members accepted direct links to discord messages, such as ( https://discordapp.com/channels/328579807002624012/328593756985229313/642526337315373056 ) - directs to #bots in mcc community discord. The reports would take less time to be submitted, since the person reporting the rule breaker wouldn’t have to upload the screenshot to imgur or whatever before actually submitting the report. What do you think about this idea? Let me know your thoughts

Zonafer likes this.
  2. Visit

Visit
    As an active member of the MCC discord, I’m totally on board with your idea. I feel a more efficient method of reporting rule breakers in discord should be implemented, and don’t see any cons to the one you have suggested. Good luck with your suggestion.

3. Zonafer

Zonafer
    hey mr gooey, I see your brain has been working again!

Okay but seriously, I think the idea is great in theory, but there is one huge drawback; what happens if someone deletes their message? Screenshots are concrete, they can't just disappear. It will most likely result in a lot of void reports and upset community members, so I think uploading screenshots to Imgur (or using a tool like Gyazo) is the way to go. -1

EDIT: Just remembered the logs exist :o
    Even so, Moderators can't access the logs, so it would still cause a slowdown in the way reports are dealt with. I wouldn't mind seeing this added, but I wouldn't get too worked up if it wasn't.

#3 Zonafer, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    puposaurus and guih like this.
  4. Ankh

Ankh
    In my personal opinion it just seems kind of pointless to make reporting through discord allowed because of this... I mean, if you can give them a direct link to the message that was breaking the rules, then they should be able to punish for Witnessed instead of Reported, since they personally read it.

Yeah, they definitely don't have a #logs channel that keeps track of all deleted messages :nomouth: not at all...

5. guih

guihzy
    Well, then they would need to get a srmod/admin to check the logs. Or if they granted access to viewing audit logs to the reports team role it’d be Gucci.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.