Desperately in need on some sort of anti-cheat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xplo, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xplo

Xplo
    Everywhere I go, every game I play there's always at least somebody cheating, whether they're being blatant and b-hopping, or being less blatant and "only" hitting from 6 blocks away, this really needs to stop. It's affecting the player base and hackers just feel free to come and cheat since it's so easy to cheat, then just get an alt online and get back on until they finally get IP banned. after that just use a VPN, relying on players to report will take too long and too much damage is being done in the mean time. At least any cheat anti-cheat that can detect players flying across the map would already be a huge upgrade. With that said, I truly hope you take this into consideration and thank you for reading what I have to say regarding this topic.

2. Xplo

Xplo
    It's really demotivating to play due to them, and I'm sure I'm speaking for every legit regular players on the server and those like me that donate in order to get perks and help the server. We donate and want to play but sadly don't get the chance to do so since they cheat in basically every skywars and survival games we legit players play.

3. Firebal676

Firebal
    There's actually a system that doesn't allow any user to join on a VPN.

As for the implementing an anti-cheat, this has been a concern in the community for a while. Not really sure if anything is really going to happen about it but I'm glad to see a million threads about how many cheaters are on the server.

4. MicroSquid

MicroSquid
    Actually some players can join off a VPN until it goes noticed. I was playing with a friend and he said he was using a VPN and i told him he can it banned for it so he stopped. Another thing is that a hack client was recently updated / upgraded so there need s to be time for the anti-cheats to also update in order to detect this client. This sint anything the staff can control right now other than banning.

5. Montilou

Montilou
    Getting an anticheat has probably been the most discussed topic ever on MCC, so I would like to give another point of view on the topic.

MCC already has an anti-cheat, but it hardly ever bans players immediately, it usually just spams alerts. This is good and bad for different reasons, but a lot of staff prefer not to ban than to false-ban, so they consider it a good thing. As for VPNs, there is already a VPN blocker, but some VPNs are able to bypass the blocker. Back to the anticheat, fully creating an anticheat that never false bans, and stops hackers is nearly impossible. Almost all big servers with a good anticheat get falsebans from said anticheat, and I know this firsthand as I was false-banned from an anticheat recently. So the best thing to do in this situation would be to create an anticheat that lags back / stops cheaters from playing, but the problem with this is that hacked clients have so many bypasses built into them that it would hardly even do anything. Let's say MCC takes a year and hires top-notch developers to create an amazing anticheat, I would give it 6 months MAXIMUM before a client comes out with a bypass. So instead of wasting time / money on making an anticheat, why not focus it on updating the sub-servers for a better experience for the players, and to get more staff? MCC have multiple staff in all timezones, and there is almost always several mods online. Apart from reporting players which can take a while, there is a channel in the MCCentral Community Discord called #support, that staff actively check, so you can put cheaters' usernames along with the server they're on, and ping a staff member, and the cheaters usually get banned within a reasonable amount of time. You can type /help in-game to receive a link to said discord. I hope my point of view was understandable to you, and I hope I helped in any way with this post!

Have a good day.

Zonafer likes this.
  6. Inj3ction

refundpriority
    Hey!
    This has been suggested time in and time out.
    They have tried unsuccessfully to implement an anticheat in the past.
    The only way to really help w/ the hackers is to record and report.
    Another way to help is to apply for staff, the server is in constant need of qualified staff.
    -N3UR0T0X1N​

7. Xplo

Xplo
    Yeah I know, I'm gonna try to become staff for this particular reason of helping the server with all these cheaters, however don't require all requirements regarding the forum posts

#7 Xplo, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  8. Rayudu

Rayudu
    people have been getting away with way too blatant reach honestly...5-6 blocks at least

9. Departition_

There are bypasses for the anti-vpn NortVPN works for it I’ve tried it

10. Firebal676

Firebal
    I should have been more clear with my statement (I tend not to, to make it simpler for people to understand.)

It ultimately doesn't defeat the purpose that Minecraft Central is probably the only bigger server that is infested with cheaters. I am totally with asking for a new anti-cheat, but, we have been asking for years and we haven't really ever gotten any.

seekingattention likes this.
  11. ItzYaser

ItzYaser
    Hey, I love how you brought this up. The good thing is that staff are contently active and spectating these games. Even non-staff players are reporting and getting these players off the server. We all are trying to find a way to reduce the amount of cheaters and the amazing staff team are working hard on this. Everything will get better after time. Just made sure to report players here : https://mccentral.org/community/forums/reports/

Good day/Night

12. Xplo

Xplo
    I know haha I've been doing that, and yeah I'm sure they're working as hard as they can to ban those cheaters as my reports get accepted surprisingly fast and that's something I'm proud of.

ItzYaser likes this.
  13. GlitterElf

GlitterElf
    There was an anticheat, and there actually still is. The old anticheat had a few obvious problems (stuck underwater), so the dev team is currently trying to fully implement a new one. Some features of anticheat are there, but it very much seems to be a work in progress. But the amount of hackers and the need for a proper anticheat have definitely been noted. For now I'm sticking to reporting, which isn't very hard right now.

14. Nxgget

kreamykhummies
    Yes the server is getting massively affected by the amount of hackers and not only that but how OP they are currently, but Alex markey is in the talks and works to get a new and improved anti cheat sorted and it should massively help out minigames and prevent hackers from playing. for now we just gotta sit tight and record and report as many hackers as you can to clean the server out abit!

Thanks for reading, Nxgget.

15. Stan

_Wildly_
    This has been a topic for years at this point, and the same eventual reality that it aint here (a proper one that will acctually prevent stuff like this) - Props to mrdavid/utah
    And yes an anticheat will have some false bans thats ineveitibal but a few false bans (Appealable) to stop blatent bhoppers 40 block kill aura as shown above needs to be implemented and is worth it in my eyes. Even if the anticheat was only to prevent the most blatent of cheats that would still get rid of a lot of the hackers that currently are on mcc. However i just dont see an anticheat coming and have just gotten use to running away and not pvping as much overall.

16. xXPuffleXx

I disagree with this, I think the current anticheat is good enough and I rarely see hackers on skywars. Anticheats just cause more problems than solve.

17. Rayudu

Rayudu
    damn how lucky are you. I've been getting a hacker nearly every 2nd game in SG and its completely destroyed my win ratio...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.