customizable barriers

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by mangled_shoes, Aug 1, 2019.

?

adding customizable barriers

Poll closed Aug 15, 2019.
  1. yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. mangled_shoes

two ways you can get it is through an island upgrade or keys making it a permanent perk so that you always have it. where you can customize your barriers around your island. a few examples rainbows, unicorns, minecraft avengers, your own avatar and so on.These images would be scrolling across your barriers that will add a personalization to your island. i don't know if that's possible but it would be cool to see

2. Shadowkiller

xSyphlexMC
    Although this might seem like a cool idea I don't think this is possible. You would have to send in pictures to somewhere and then it would have to be manually added if it even is possible which is a ton of work on the backend.
    I wouldn't see this be added, but if you dislike the borders you can always choose to turn them off by doing /is islandborder I think this could also solve your problem

3. puposaurus

puposaurus
    heyo! as mentioned above, i don't think this is quite possible to do in minecraft. I can see where you're coming from about the boarders, and how they're kinda ugly but you can always download or create a texture pack to not make the boarder so ugly.
    And if this is possible to do in minecraft, i dont see the harm in adding it other players could use it if they have a theme on their island. Like some islands with lots of quartz and prismarine, and also plots that have lots of cobble and farming n' such. +1 from me (if it is possible)
    if that all makes sense, if you have any questions feel free to ask

4. TrippedUp

TrippedUp
    Hello!
    I'm liking the idea! I'm not going to repeat what was said above, but all of that is very true. However, I will add that even if it was possible, it would most likely require lots of work. I know that mods are constantly at work on the server, and to add something like that might prove tedious and in the end not worth it. But as puposaurus mentioned, adding themes would be cool. It would just be hard on the team.

5. Hey!

This sounds like a good idea, however it will be extremely hard to implement. Firstly, how would the photos be uploads. There would have to be a imaging place to upload the files. Also staff would have to constantly check for inappropriate personalizations. This would greatly waste the staff's time to ban hackers or scammers. Furthermore, it could cause unnecessary lag on the server as pictures take up space. I think that this sounds like a good idea but is too complex to be implemented.

Disagreed!

6. Phraze

Phraze
    The only way to do this is to download a texture pack with a nice looking border as stated above. You could just simply create your own border in a custom pack (tons of tutorials on YT if you need help), since I doubt they have cool little pictures on borders in pre-made packs.

I think his idea would to have images you could choose from, I don't see anything here about uploading. It wouldn't change a thing with staff, and this most likely would create little to no lag if it were possible. Also, I'm pretty sure 'personalizations' is not a word, and could you do everyone on the forums a favor and give our eyes a break with that lime green. Thanks

puposaurus likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.