Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

CTF New Perk: Check Point Heal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iwillfindu, Aug 27, 2020.

?

What do you think of this new perk?

1. Not a fan. Should not include.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Should be added. But with an alternative modification.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Should be added. Should be exactly 30% chance at maximum level.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Should be added. Should be greater than 30% chance at maximum level.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Should be added. Should heal less than 3 hearts.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Should be added. Should heal more than 3 hearts.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  7. Should be added. Should heal exactly 3 hearts

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  8. Should be added. Any percentage of chance is fine

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Should be added. Any number of hearts healed is fine

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. iwillfindu

My idea is adding a new able to upgrade perk which I call "Check Point Heal". It would have the same max levels and credit costs as other perks and the maximum percentage could be between 30% and 51%. This perk would give a chance of healing 3 hearts to the player who gets the opponent's flag at the moment the flag is acquired.

The reasoning behind this is that players gets hurt on the way to the flag, and then they recover some health when they take the flag to help them to return the flag. This would allow more flag captures instead of the time running out.

What is your thoughts on this? What would a better name of this perk be?

My rant and opinion of CTF in general ########################################
    Capture the flag is lacking regulation and updates. Plus there are many problems in Capture the flag (CTF)I see that have been significantly ignored by the server managers, which include bad maps, overpowered bows, hackers, etc. There are plenty of other posts in this form for other deals.

I find that getting a capture on the flag is very difficult on some maps. The player health is barely decent for the amount of sword damage and bow damage. The only useful perk in my opinion is the arrow tank which is most helpful the person trying to take the flag. The death bomb is useless. The other 2 perks are good for a defender mostly.
    #######################################################################

#1 iwillfindu, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    ectratr, Marco5py, khoztymis and 8 others like this.
  2. InsaneIsMyName

InsaneIsMyName
    I would love to see something like this added! I stopped playing ctf quite a while ago because nearly every single game was decided by who had most kills. Most games would go the entire 15 minutes without anyone actually capturing the flag. If this helps make ctf capture the flag again, I think many players would actually be willing to play again!

3. notaspleen

notaspleen
    +1 from me as I think a perk like this would encourage more players to rush the flag even when multiple opponents are surrounding it. Too often there are games which become a virtual stalemate, as InsaneIsMyName mentioned, and this perk could definitely help make CTF games more interesting. Also agree with your other gripes; I think buffing armor to half iron would make pvp in CTF more interesting and less bow-spammy.

iwillfindu likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.