CTF Map Exploit

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Rok, Nov 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rok

Rok

Rok
    Hi

So, I'm just curious in general about the logistics of adding two-four blocks in Clash Valley to prevent the mountain exploit. It seems kind of silly to punish players, or rather allow players (and not get punished all the time) to use that exploit when it's seemingly a really simple fix. Yes, you could report every single person who does this but realistically that doesn't happen - aside from it being tedious since it happens so much. It just seems like something that could be easily fixed. But then again, I don't know who's in charge of that... and maybe if they would like to speak on why they haven't done it yet or maybe can't?

Would appreciate an answer, thank you

Greyhound and iwillfindu like this.
  2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    in my opinion, i think it’s likely they could do this, they removed the “exploit”/secret item from Eruption map, but not the one in castle warfare2.
    it’s not that players are being allowed to map exploit, it’s that they don’t get caught/no other players record sufficient evidence for a player report to be made/accepted.
    as you mentioned, reporting players is an option but not everyone does it becuase it’s not worth their time. esp if it’s only 1 game that they do it/that map appears.

i think another alternative would be to replace clash valley with lost kingdom becuase the lava in clash valley drops frames like crazy for people with lower end computers/laptops. as well as, clash valley is kinda a useless map since it’s always more bow spam than sword fights and they removed the enchantment tables and really has no bonus perks.

iwillfindu likes this.
  3. Rok

Rok

Rok
    Well if it what you say is true and they've done a similar thing to another map then maybe it's possible to do this too? I'm glad you said that, I know a lot of people think that too, I'm hoping that somebody in staff that has some insight on this, is it possible? Is there a timeline? Are they planning on fixing this, should they consider it? Etc.

In regards to the implementation of the old map, I'm not familiar so I can't really speak to that but I agree, the maps annoying but regardless, I think adding two to four blocks is a way easier fix than changing an entire map, I presume? No idea. Would love a response lol.

iwillfindu likes this.
  4. 10Controls

10Controls
    -= Locked to prevent further thread bumping =-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.