Credits and Perks

Discussion in 'Minigame General Discussion' started by DressCodes, Feb 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DressCodes

DressCodes
    Ranked players on MCC have a big advantage when it comes to minigames. Certain aspects of the server are very pay to win, such as the double credits and the abilities in the perk shop.

As a rookie it is much harder to obtain credits, then it is for a lapis rank and above. Double credits needs to be removed from MCC. Also, abilities are very expensive when it comes to credits and it ruins the game play. When I was on my alt (Sunscreens as a rookie) I would be fighting players that couldn't even PVP for the life of them, but they had maxed out their abilities causing them to when the fight. This didn't just happen once, it was almost every game. So, abilities should be removed from the server.

Pay to win servers push players away.

fableking likes this.
  2. owwenn

This post was inspired and approved by Owen.

DressCodes likes this.
  3. KaitlynsPrincess

KaitlynsPrincess
    I agree with the abilities being too overpowered mostly double damage as its annoying when you are straight up winning the fight and out of nowhere they 2 hit you and you die. Some abilities can be very useful tho in capture the flag a ablitie exists for less arrow damage this is very useful because without it the arrows would be doing 5 hearts a shot. But as of double credits its not that hard earning them being a rookie. It's mostly them wanting to try the server out and seeing how far they can go without a rank. It's just more of a grind being a rookie you can still earn 200 credits a game instead of 500 for winning a skywars game with 2 kills up. But any of them can buy a rank anyday its 25 dollars. Mostly every server has a disadvantage to non ranks with mini games but in my opinion i do think its more fun to play without a rank as you can show off if you are a high level rookie.

kvng_vizuo likes this.
  4. DressCodes

DressCodes
    Not anyone can just buy a rank. Lol some people don't have money

5. KaitlynsPrincess

KaitlynsPrincess
    True lmao I'm just going off what usually happens when kids are little they do some type of chore and earn money off of it and buy a rank. Back in the day

kvng_vizuo likes this.
  6. Abar

Abar
    I personally had all of the abilities before I got my rank, so this wasn't an issue for me. I had about 390 lvls before I got Legend Rank which enables me to level up faster. But, for the more casual low level players who only play this server once and a while, maps like Moonbase 9, Map 4, and Avaricia are near impossible to win on. Not that this post isn't good, but it has been mentioned many times in the past. In my post from a while back (here) I talk about this same problem as well as go in depth about many more of the problems we SG players face that need to be fixed. This covers a lot more and though an older post, I'd like it to be spread around more so more can see as well as give their opinions as well! Thanks and have a wonderful evening!

7. fableking

fableking
    Hi!

I can understand this as being an issue, yes. Even before I bought a rank, I think the only thing I had maxed out was CTF- which is probably easier than most minigames. I enjoy the abilities that are provided, however, with what you said about the doubling of credits, I kind of didn’t notice that once playing with a rank. I know it wasn’t a real deciding factor for me; I mainly bought a rank to show my support. However, I can see how others would buy ranks for this purpose and how Rookies can have difficulties combatting this. I know most can’t probably afford ranks (I suggest waiting till a sale pops up!!) or can’t find access to buy a rank (too young for a card, no PayPal, etc). It’s a bit of an unfair advantage, yes, but “it’s capitalism, baby”.

I know whenever I bought my first rank (I was around 15 I think), I had to practically beg my mom to buy it for me bc I wasn’t able to, although I had money to buy it (just didn’t have a card or PayPal). It’s like Hypixel— you cant make it on there unless you have VIP or MVP+ or some shit. It’s sucky, but once more, “it’s capitalism, baby.”
    Sorry if this wasn’t reassuring; however, it’s just my input to this discussion. Have a good day :D

puposaurus likes this.
  8. HowToFaction

HowToFaction
    Hello DressCodes!

Personally, I’m a Solo Skywars player and I don’t see in any way shape or form double credits are over powered. I mean sure it gives you some advantages such as leveling up perks/kits faster but when it comes to PVP it all comes down to skill and the overpowered explosive arrows that’s still in the game. I’ve been pretty vocal about the explosive arrows and I believe as a player whose been a rookie for who knows how long and magically gets top rank in a single month I get to talk about the single most broken mechanic in SW. Explosive Arrows.

Ah, Explosive Arrows Explosive Arrows, they could be your best friend or your worse nightmare depending on whose using them. Is it HowToFaction with a bow? Well time to pack up. Is it Pasear with a bow? Well time to stay. So, yeah clearly you can tell what Im getting at. Depending on the player and how hard they decide to abuse the mechanics of it. The bow could be stupidly overpowered.

Getting back on topic. Beside from the Explosive Arrows I believe everything else in the mini games side are very well balanced. Yes, and I also mean SG is well balanced as well. Yeah yeah, I know they have a compass and /workbench and stuff but listen you gotta give the donators some distinct advantages here. but explosive arrows definitely not.

Adding on, I don’t believe MCC is actually that P2W I mean you could definitely get to the top rank without spending a single penny like me if you wanted to. Granted, I only worked for 10$ of it and the rest was... well, yeah we don’t talk about how I got my rank. Kinda embarrassing. Just a thank you to Raptor and Sophie again!

Thank you for reading and have a beautiful day/night

- Jen/HowToFaction

puposaurus and kvng_vizuo like this.
  9. JustANoob

this sounds kinda gay. personally I disagree with all points minigames should stay how they is except for skywars. skywars needs a working anticheat.

10. Druze

DRUZE
    Hiding how you got the rank. Just proves u know what u did was wrong and how u actually abuse girls, your the saddest thing to ever step on this planet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.