Creative World edit wherever

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by DarkBeastPro, Jan 24, 2021.

1. DarkBeastPro

DarkBeastPro
    hey guys. i wanted to discuss an idea that i had while playing creative. So lets imagine a scenario. You're flying through creative and stumble across an incredible build (Likely by @Dionnysus ). You think of something to add to it but you cant edit it as it is on someone else plot nor do you think that they will trust you with their hard work. This is my idea. They should make a feature to be able to use world edit on someone else's plot. First of all, you wouldn't be able to add to or edit the build while it's on their plot (so no griefing or changing anything). All you would be able to do is to copy it. This way, you can paste it on your plot to have the same thing so that you can make changes that only you could think of.

I hope that this made sense and would love to hear y'alls input.

2. OriAlfi

OriAlfi
    Sorry, but this is a horrible idea.
    This will make copying builds and taking credits for them easier, which is a problem a lot of builders hate. By the way, you can download schematics and choose every build you want and copy and paste it on ur plot using the MCC FAWE Schematica Center which at other servers, this mod isn’t allowed because they take builders works seriously. This is totally a -1 from me and I’m sure from other builders as well.
    -Ori

#2 OriAlfi, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    LeafyTiger24, Swaggle and 10Controls like this.
  3. Dionnysus

Dionnysus
    Hey DarkBeastPro, thanks for the compliment buddy.

I do agree with OriAlfi on this. Copying builds from other players or from other servers was a small problem last creative season. I haven't seen it that much recently and I'd like to keep it that way. All tho I do like the concept of giving your own twist and/or additions to one's build it would not work since people would take full credit for those builds that have been copied.

Don't get me wrong, I highly encourage building with others that are on the 'same level' as you are so you can learn from each other's styles and tricks. I just think asking for permission if you can copy something would already be enough. It might not be as efficient as the idea you proposed but it will prevent tons of drama.

Have a nice day :D

OriAlfi likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.