compasses in survival games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paxon, Nov 13, 2020.

1. paxon

me and many other people think its unfair for people with a rookie rank to not have any access to a compass. I like to go for leaderboards as much as I can. I find that MCC has a fun competitiveness when your on that leaderboards grind if you know what Im sayin. most games for me to take at least 15 to 25 minutes depending on the map. maps like holiday Resort at least takes 25 minutes for me to win the game. even if I do make it that far. so the point of trying to get across here is that when you kill someone that has a compass they should at least drop it or it should be accessible in chest. I think it would make the game way more competitive. thats all Im really going to say here thanks for your time.thanks for the MCC staff that have been doing all they can.

BlockyBeach, mcrcus, meana and 6 others like this.
  2. Lava Wolf

LavaWolves_
    This is a great post, again I told someone different that it would be good to drop the compass on death. But other then that, I think it should still be paid to get it.

JamPlayzGamez likes this.
  3. Erik_banz

yall just broke and cant afford a rank XD

4. paxon

yep faxs LOL

5. Night_Comet

Erik, I am not gonna argue for like 30 minutes but just gonna say that its not rocket science to realize that the problem might not be with everyone else. Like, if most ppl are fine with most ppl, and everyone has a problem with you, it might show you something. If you respond, Im not gonna reply cuz i wont read it. I seriously hope you can somehow turn your life around and be aiming for a better future, so try making the change. Thanks!

6. Nikki_

Nikki_
    this was my reply to a thread I literally just saw about this like 2 minutes ago
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hey,
    while im not a survival games sweat, I think a better option to this would be to make the compasses a droppable item like in skywars. I think its much better because if a player does kill a higher rank (more likely) better player, they deserve the compass. Putting them in chests would be a waste most of the time because if the game is filled with the sweaty immortals they will just be a waste of an item in a chest.
    just my opinion, and like I said im not a survival games sweat
    -nik
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    basically I don't think they should be available in chests because first off It makes it too easy to get them, but they should be a droppable item.
    anyways take care

yummies and ltself like this.
  7. majormotor

SippinJimmy
    Yeah, compasses should be dropped on death in my opinion. Definitely would make games a bit faster-paced

8. Lipestmh

Lipestmh
    I agree with you, the compass is very pay to win. Either everyone should have it or nobody should have it. It is much easier with it, you can use the credits earned with the rank to buy kits and skills, and that together with a compass is very appealing. New players get a lot of disadvantage.

9. Timppali

Timppali
    I wouldn't make the compass droppable automatically. I have a few ideas to how it could work in a more equal way.
    1) Allow lower ranks to buy the Compass from the SG Merchant, so they have it in every game from the start.
    2) If a lower rank kills a player with the Compass, they could get it if they have bought a special perk from the SG Merchant. They wouldn't get the compass every game automatically but it would drop if they kill someone who has it.

I personally like idea 2 more since it still gives something to the people who have donated but allows lower ranks to have the advantage too if they are skillful enough.

10. BobbyShmurda

just get good at pvp and your fine in any game mode compass only gives a small advantage tbh

11. GeorgiaSkye

GeorgiaSkye
    i think that while they should not be easily available in chests, they should be droppable, or craftable (?). for example you could get the materials dotted around the map in chests so that if you do not have a rank you could craft them if you really wanted one. the compass is pay to win, but then again the point of the rank is to give you an advantage against people without a rank as you have paid for this advantage, i think by making them craftable for rookies it will make it fairer so they still have a chance to obtain one while playing.

12. MAXILES

craftable would be good

13. XulWasTaken

UnexpectedPL
    I think it should be droppable by higher ranks as Nikki_ said. I think I would be better.

14. Jammy16

Jammy16
    Hello there! I agree totally in what your saying as a compass is very crucial in Survival games! I think they should add it onto rookie rank as I know how frustrating it can be running around the map trying to find people. However, I can see why its not added since its a valuable thing to have which would make sense why you need to have a donor rank for it.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.