Community Votes?

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by jowhk, Jun 18, 2020.

1. jowhk

jowhk
    Hey there.

I just want to make this as brief and as informative as possible. Will there ever be any community votes? I just read a thread about someone complaining about teaming in survival games (understandable) - but will there be any community votes for controversial arguments like that? I really think that this would benefit the server A LOT.

My idea would be, to have the community voting system in-game. Or maybe only allow people with ranks to vote (another benefit for buying a rank) as people could possibly alt and just vote.

What do you think?

2. jowhk

jowhk
    Just imagine. In the hub, there would be another item - "Community Voting". You would right click it - and see all the votes the server is hosting. You can cast your vote and it'll be done. After 30 days or so - the results will be announced and the changing process could start.

3. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Hello! A lot of the changes to the server are brought up by the players, and the admins send the messages to the owners. In the scenario you mentioned, of teaming in survival games, that was actually decided by a community vote on the discord. They voted that team survival games should be removed and teaming allowed on regular survival games.

However, I like the concept of voting for changes to the server. It gives players a voice, so they can decide which direction the server goes in the future. However, players are not always as informed, as they don't oversee the entire server, like admins or owners. They might also not take the voting seriously, and just vote whatever they feel like for anything, without reading the prompt. Overall, though, I'd say +0 to this (neutral). I feel that it could help the server, but if everything is set to be voted on, it will slow down how fast they can send out updates. The admins and owners should continue to do voting on the community discord, like they did for the removal of team survival games, when they can't decide. Regular players also shouldn't be able to post polls, as there would be a lot of useless ones like, "Who's the better pvper?" or spam, and we already have the forums to voice ideas for change.

Still, though, if they implemented it, I wouldn't complain.
    Have a nice day!

jowhk likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.