Command to Report Hackers In-Game

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Sweeping, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Sweeping

Sweeping
    Hey!

So I was about some stuff the server can quite improve on its the hackers. There was a whole GANG that was hacking on prison last night. About 4-9 of them were bhopping around. I think they should implement a /report [Username] hacks and send that to all the staff across all servers [Factions,Prison,Skyblock,Mini-Games]. The time it takes to @ a staff in the MCC Discord takes way to long, and could cause you to die if you're in pvp. The command /report would work like a /wdr report on hypixel. If there is a Anti-Cheat on the server obviously its terrible. They should improve their Anti-Cheat like they have been saying for months, and add the /report command. The hackers on this server is insane.
    Let me know what you guys think about this command!

-Sweeping

2. Scottayee

Lmao this will never get implemented. There's too many cheaters. Why do you think nothing has been done to prevent people from cheating? Because then most of their player-base would be gone. Sure staff ban people here and there, but that's just an excuse to say they try to keep cheaters off the server.

3. Scottayee

And as for your line where you said @ staff in Discord, their activity is quite miserable. Server has about 1500 players (The rest of the number is spoofed players) and there's maybe 10 staff member's for all of them. That's 150 players per staff member. The only thing holding this server together is people's friendships and the community.

4. Sweeping

Sweeping
    I can see where you are coming from however its literally not fair to the legit players. Even if it wont get implemented I still think we should take a shot at it.

5. Scottayee

I mean you can try, but I've been on MCC since the beginning. It's stayed the same since, we've had the same anticheat since the server opened. The people who can fix this just do not care. I wish you luck though.

6. Zlain

Zlain
    Hey There,
    I love the thought of the command but I don't see it being added anytime soon. I've seen people talk about a minigame revamp in the community discord and how it would change the amount of hackers in the server but I don't think we'd be seeing that anytime soon. All you can really do is continue to record and report hackers on the forums to help lighten the staff members load on the server, or you can continue to @ staff members in support. Although it may take a few seconds to do it isn't that hard. Just an FWI, the only place you have to worry about dying to hackers is in minigames. MCCs other sub servers are overpowered to donators, and players. It doesn't take too long to regain what you have lost so don't worry about that. At the end of the day its really up to you to continue doing your part and let the staff members do their part.​

puposaurus likes this.
  7. Scottayee

You have staff members like Muel who play Murder Mayhem whilst the server's are rampant with cheaters. Or staff like recretment who false ban constantly.

8. Scottayee

Lmao you shouldn't have to rely on donator's. This server is pitiful

9. Sweeping

Sweeping
    You'd be suprised on the amount of cheaters with donator ranks. I got someone screenshared who had immortal and he had vape. Ranks on this server dont even matter at this point. The game is filled with hackers, and should be stopped no matter the game mode. Mini-Games literally spawn you with stuff each game, and its about each game lasts about 5-20 minutes, and you start all over again. However on servers like Prison and Factions the maps stay for 4 weeks+ and it may not be hard to regain the stuff you lost but youre still losing stuff to a hacker, and it could be your best gear youve been grinding for. An example can be the P6 S6 gear in factions. You can only get that stuff through keys if i recall correctly. Thats not easy to get back!
    -Sweeping

10. Swinger

Swinger
    I agree that we need a /report, and I don't think it would be a difficult thing to release. The management team just needs to make sure there's solid rules in place for the command (e.g. a /report ban for people spamming and/or abusing it like punishing for TPA spam). You'd also need a lot of the same features as /chatreport, such as the inability to /report a person who's already been reported for another 10 minutes, etc. Since there's apparently an anticheat update rolling around with a minigames revamp in an unspecified number of months, you *potentially* have that to look forward to.

Pinging staff on Discord should do you fine till then. I've never really had a problem with staff being available to come ban hackers for me, and I play in a pretty inactive timezone.

11. Sweeping

Sweeping
    Pinging staff on discord takes about 1-2 minutes alone. Then to have to wait for them to reply and actually watch them. By the time that happens youd probably be dead.

12. Scottayee

Every year we're promised a new anticheat. Don't get your hopes up

13. beeankah

beeankah
    Hi there, There have been a lot of threads made about a /report command - and like I've and others have said in most of them, the idea has been put down because of the number of possible false reports they could get, as not everyone knows what to look for in a player that's hacking. Many cases of this can be seen in ArenaPvP when some people tend to accuse a player of hacking simply because they beat them in a duel. This also applies if the player(s) are simply trolling and abusing the command to report their friend/their enemy.

Pinging a staff member on discord for a hacker is a smart way to try and get the hacker banned. But even if you die in your game, it isn't really the end of the world - just try your best to avoid the hacker in games (by rejoining) until the staff member bans them.

Hi Scott. Muel and Recrement are hard-working staff, you can see Muel constantly helping out a lot in #support by hunting down and banning hackers, so I'm not sure what you mean. In addition, I've seen Recrement in lots of skywars games to spec hackers and ban them. Staff are not perfect, and they can't be online 24/7, nor are they obligated to not be allowed their own free time. Also, if a staff member was actually false banning constantly, they wouldn't be on the staff team. If you have real complaints about a staff member, just report them here. Overall, all staff work very hard and that needs to be understood.

Have a lovely day (:

puposaurus likes this.
  14. Sweeping

Sweeping
    \-o-/

15. Scottayee

LMAO YOU FAKE AF for that hahaha! you tryna get staff or something?

16. Sweeping

Sweeping
    False reports? 90 perecent of the players on here are hacking and its sad to see the staff are not taking this into consideration. It would take 5 minutes max to /tpo and /spec the hacker to ban him. You lose your stuff it may not be the end of the world but itd be a waste of time. I wont sit there grinding armor and other stuff out just to die bc a player knows how to press r to toggle kill aura, while the staff do nothing about it.

17. Scottayee

anyone that's somewhat active in this community can say either they have been false banned or know someone who's been false banned by Recretment. Hell I was falsely banned for 6 hours by him for "obstruction" because he's sensitive af and abuses his powers because me and him have beef. I placed some blocks in front of a chest and he tried to claim obstruction when all he had to do was walk around 2 blocks. Dude needs to Google obstruction cause it sure as hell wasn't obstructed.

18. Sweeping

Sweeping
    Ive been false banned by DeadLines a year or 2 ago, no ss or anything. It was a straight ban. I W-Tapped someone and comboed him and it was a video and i got banned.

Scottayee likes this.
  19. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    While I believe that a /report function could be useful in-game, I do want to bring up a possible concern. I feel that this would disincentivize users from reporting hackers on the forums. Instead of recording hackers and reporting them with evidence, players would just use the /report feature and expect the rule-breaker to be dealt with. However, if there are no staff members available to spectate the reported user, they will simply go unpunished as nobody is reporting them on the forums either. So in essence, this could have the opposite of the desired effect and actually lead to more hackers on the server as the volume of forum reports with evidence decreases. Just my perspective on the topic!

20. puposaurus

puposaurus
    Hi Sweeping,
    adding a “/report” feature has been brought up many times, and discussed a few times in the past w/ higher ups and nobody(as in those higher ups) agreed on that. The” /report” command would be one more thing for staff to worry about. it honestly would just waste staff’s time since not everyone knows that hacks look like, and there can be numerous amounts of false reports, along w/ fake/abuse of the system for reports. Reporting a hacker takes around 5 minutes and helps the community tons when you create a report ticket via forums. if that isn’t really how you roll, you can also join our community discord and name hackers for staff to spectate (this system sorta works like /report, but instead of using a command in game you use discord).
    as far as the comment about other staff goes- while, yes, it's staffs' job to ban skywars hackers, they also need to moderate chat in other areas like other minigaes & subservers. Staff aren't staff just to sweat skywars, while some lowkey do that, that's not the intention for all staff.

have a great day!

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.