Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our KitPvP server, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Command for creating teams in Survival Games

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Trainsgender, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Trainsgender

Trainsgender
    I know that some people like teaming on Survival Games while others don't, but the reality is that teaming (with less than 3 people) is currently allowed. There isn't really a system for forming teams; if you want to form a team, you just find a teammate and not kill each other. However, I think adding a command for creating teams would be a good addition to SG, for multiple reasons.
    • PvP could be disabled within a team. I find it very annoying when I accidentally kill my teammate while trying to kill someone else (or if they do the same), and while the risk of this happening can be reduced by paying attention and being careful when hitting, it would be a lot easier if PvP was just disabled within a team. This would mean you could only hit players which are not in your team.
    • It would be easier to report cross teamers. If you can easily see who's in a team, you can also see much easier who's teaming with more than 3 players or cross teaming.
    • It is more fair if players know in advance who is teaming. This mainly applies to a scenario in which teaming is possible, but not mandatory (like it is now). Teams could be indicated by different colours in the list of players (Tab) and everyone could easily see who is teaming and who isn't.
    I don't know how easy it is to implement such a command, but I think many players would benefit from it.

#1 Trainsgender, Jan 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    Pedro Leal, Chilo_, Issel and 2 others like this.
  2. redsapphire28

Imperfied
    Hey!
    I think this is a really good idea and would help a lot. However, teaming might be allowed but it also might not really be encouraged. But I really like the idea and it would be an addition I would hope to see in the future.
    Have a wonderful day

Trainsgender likes this.
  3. Kyee__

Kyee__
    Hey,

I really like this idea! Just to correct teams are only allowed with 2 people. But yes, I agree with this idea.

The suggestion with teaming, maybe there could be a /team [player] command before each game starts or something else put in place incase people want to keep continuing playing game after game and still remain in the same team. I also like the idea while being in a team that you can't damage the other team members, I feel like that would be helpful because there is some incidents where you accidently kill your own team member. And lastly, yes I think it would be good to figure out who is cross teaming.

- Packet

Trainsgender likes this.
  4. MasterChheda

MasterChheda
    Hey Ex,

First off, wonderful idea. I've seen tons of people teaming to the point where this really would help differentiate the repetitive teamers from non-teamers and help sniff out cross teamers. I have a different approach to your idea, though.

I would prefer to see a similar team system like UHC. You can /team before a game starts, and /teams would pull up a list of teams. Teams are obviously limited to 2 players. When one of the team members die, maybe make their name gray rather than having it vanish from the list or stay yellow in the list. This gray shade would indicate that they're dead but were still part of the team. I suppose this is an aesthetic suggestion.

I think team mates should be able to hit each other, mainly for three reasons:
    • If you and your team mate are chasing someone, you might want to boost them. This is common. With disabled damage or hits, you can't.
    • How will death match work? Is it just the last 2 people if teamed win without fighting? Even though most games end up with teamers at the end, I still like that they will have to fight each other rather than win as a team. Maybe that's just me.
    • You might want to betray your team mate, but then you can't because of the disabled PvP.
    I don't think this will solve cross teaming, but I think it's another step in the right direction since people will also see that teams in the system itself only allow a max of 2. It's an added reminder to the already-present message of teaming that appears before a game officially starts.

My approach to your suggestion definitely decreases the incentive to team since teaming gives no benefits, only a hinderance by letting everyone else know. Maybe you must /team if you are forming a team of two, otherwise you can be banned. I don't know, that sounds pretty harsh. Maybe you can disable friendly-fire in teams during the game with some sort of command? If there's a way to combat some of the reasons I listed above for hitting each other, especially boosting your team mate, I'm all ears. Great idea, once again!

Trainsgender likes this.
  5. Trainsgender

Trainsgender
    This sounds like the right approach to me. I didn't realise the issue with the boosting myself, but now when I think about it, I boost teammates/get boosted by teammates quite often. The best option in my opinion would be to add a command so that people can choose themselves whether hitting the teammate is allowed or not. For the deathmatch, I'd say hitting teammates is always enabled there; otherwise the other player in the 2v1 has no chance (assuming a deathmatch with 3 players). And if there's no way to disable hitting your teammate, we could still add the command for creating teams, since it would be easier for punishments and more fair for other players to see who's teaming.

Thanks for taking the time to think about this!

MasterChheda likes this.
  6. Issel

POOPgodIssel

Honestly I think the removal of team boosting would be a great thing, its impossible to run away from a team of 2 at the moment. And i think the fact that you are a team of 2 is already OP enough to the point where team boosting as well is just impossible to play against. (if the players know what they are doing ofc). This is just my view of it as a solo player having played vs multiple teams.

MasterChheda and Trainsgender like this.
  7. Kinito

TheRealKinito
    Personally, I disagree.
    As having the ability to betray your team at any time can add for some extra fun.
    I also am not a huge fan of teaming in general, so adding more incentive just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.