Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Coinflip

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by Dreadnikk, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Dreadnikk

What's the point of having a house cut in the coinflips?
    The only similar gambling is roulette if you're betting in black/red or even/odd. But when you win there's still no house cut. Is the cut suppose to make it more realistic or reduce money in economy? Cause if it's to make it realistic then that's the opposite direction. A house cut is for a host, there is no host in these bets.

#1 Dreadnikk, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  2. FarisNyanNyan

FarisNyanNyan
    Greetingsnya!

What I think is happening with the coinflip is that they are just trying to nerf it. Last season coinflip was broken and many people had a strategy to it that got them insanely rich. Who knows, maybe that house will be for a lottery later on in the season, and not gonna lie, it sounds like a great idea.

See yanya!

3. AlexMarkey

The purpose of the house is for 2 things:

Firstly, it takes money out of the economy (which is never a bad thing, slows down inflation ,yay)
    Secondly and most importantly, it stops players from abusing this statistic here http://prntscr.com/q4hz7i

Last season with coinflip, a rich player could simply coinflip with a alt account and instantly become the 'Biggest WInner' on the server. Naturally people would look at these 'Biggest Winners' and think that someone made some absurd stupid amount from coinflipping (which is far from reality - They coinflipped their own money with a alt account for a statistic, they never had a chance of losing this money).

Having the house take money from every coinflip, prevents players from flipping with alts, making these statistics much more realistic, and hopefully finally getting the point across that coinflip does NOT ruin the economy (it simply relocates money around the economy, and if anything it is actually good for the economy now)

Incarnati0n_ likes this.
  4. officialzing132

zing132
    Last season coinflip I enjoyed but its okay! keen for this coin flip :)

5. ENDER_856

ye i agree with that but i dont think the house should take a cut fromt he coinflip

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.