Chunk Loading

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by HugeOrangutan, Jul 19, 2020.

1. HugeOrangutan

I can never seem to get the right answer from anyone. How close do I have to be for my farms to grow? I was told I have to be within two chunks, but I have a sugar can farms 64 blocks under my base that still works perfectly fine. Does anyone know the answer to this?

2. EBallan

EBallan
    Basic answer is that the Y axis is unlimited (the chunk goes from [Y] 0 to [Y] 256)

https://i.badlion.net/wYaQjJBEiLEnjUpvS7vMyk.png
    See how the chunk goes right down to my nether wart farm at the bottom, meaning if I afk here, that farm will regrow because im loading the chunk

#2 EBallan, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  3. HugeOrangutan

but does it grow the whole nether wart farm? because my sugar cane farm grows fully and its not inside that chunk

4. EBallan

EBallan
    Well no, it wouldn't load the whole farm, i was simply explaining that the Y axis is unlimited because you mentioned that your sugar cane farm 64 blocks below your base was working perfectly fine. Im not exactly too sure on the exact details around chunks and how much a player loads, I just know that the Y axis is unlimited, which seemed to be the part that confused you abit.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.