CHUNK LOADERS

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by thatblondkidalex, Oct 22, 2019.

?

good idea?

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. also yes

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. thatblondkidalex

thatblondkidalex
    I would like to see chunk loaders reintroduced to skyblock this upcoming season, however I'd also like to modify them to help balance them out a bit.

-Rare item. chunk loaders should be extremely rare to obtain, only by myth key.

- very limited number of them available. I think you should be able to upgrade the number of chunk loaders on your island in /is upgrades, with the max number being 9 (3x3 chunks)

-not too op. Chunk loaders would need to be 'recharged' every day to; a) prevent dead islands from loading chunks and causing lag, b) forcing the island owner to still be active in order to use them. My idea is chunk loaders will need to be recharged daily with 5-10 tokens, so the island owner will need to do some manual labor in order to operate the chunk loaders while offline. this also limits the output of the farms that are in loaded chunks, so its not a 100% passive income source.

2. Assistant

Assistant
    I honestly don't know if this is something that should be added, mainly because of the lag issues. Now I do understand your approach about making it so there isn't as much lag, but I feel that it still just wouldn't be worth it. It will still cause some lag and having unnecessary lag is just not a good thing to have for the server. I get that some people would like to see this, but I just don't feel it would improve the sub-server that much or at all.

Invader and thatblondkidalex like this.
  3. thatblondkidalex

thatblondkidalex
    yeah i see what ur saying, the idea is that the chunk loaders will mainly be utilized by the people that load their farms with alt accounts, so for the most part, they will just change the method of loading the chunks, and since an alt acct can afk up to 25 chunks at once, chunk loaders might even reduce lag overall by not loading excess chunks.

-Alex

4. KatePlaysGames

My concern about these is that they didn't work on some islands. They weren't perfected, and so not everyone could benefit from them. And before anyone makes a comment about me not using it right, I did have the chunk loader placed at the center of the chunk, and I know of others who had the same issues. I'd link to the forum posts, but they're gone now.

If they could figure out how to fix them, I think they'd be a good addition, however, I doubt they'll add them because they want the game to be more of a farming grind, and less of an afk basis, which I think is unrealistic. Already, not having chunk loaders is a huge disadvantage to those who can't afk for long periods of time, compared to those who can.

Overall, I think chunk loaders would be a good addition to help get further away from the kind of prison style grind. Chunk loaders would also enable us to farm more, since we wouldn't have to be around our spawners all the time.

Thanks for reading guys :) Looking forward to reading everyone else's replies!

5. xStrafings

Strafinqs
    Chunk loaders would be a good addition back to sky block so people don't have to bust there computers afking, however I think that there should not be an upgrade for them and they can only afk 1 chunk each. (16x16x256)

6. Chilo_

AirtimeThrills
    I dont know why, i never really liked chunk loaders. They felt way to overpowered, and they felt out of place. Also (like other people had mentioned) they occasionally caused lag and other technically issues.

I dont see them being re-added, would take to much effort to fix the issues.

koh7 likes this.
  7. thatblondkidalex

thatblondkidalex
    yeah the upgrade would be for the amount of chunk loaders you are allowed to have on your island, not the area that each one loads. so a total of 9 chunk loaders would cover an area of 3x3 chunks.

8. Kyee__

Kyee__
    I like chunk loaders but i also dont like them. you said "not too op" but 3x3 is very op, in the previous season it was 1x1 chunk and that was already op so. It was also revoked from this season due to being too confusing for players to use.

9. thatblondkidalex

thatblondkidalex
    as i said in a previous reply, when i say 3x3, i mean the max area you would be able to cover with the theoretical number of max chunk loaders(9)
    so a total are of 3x3 chunks, not a single loader covering that area.

10. koh7

+1

I like afking my alts :(

Syn likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.