Chunk loader protection

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by creeper7777777, May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Hi everyone,
    On skyblock, most people who own a chunk loader have some kind of protection for it, usually including shop signs so that co-oped players can't break in and steal the chunk loaders. Personally, I have a huge lava box with the shop signs inside. This shouldn't be necessary, though, since it's just 1 or 2 blocks that need to be protected.

If you could place a [Private] sign on a chunk loader, the way you can with a chest, that would make everything a lot easier. Players could simply have their chunk loaders out in the open, and not need to worry about them if they coop anyone to the island, and there would be no accusations of island members stealing them, or hackers supposedly glitching through the protection to mine them. A chunk loader is also far more precious than a chest or a spawner, and is very likely the most expensive block (or head) on the server. Hopefully this won't be too hard to code, since it has to be a specific head, and not just any head that the [Private] sign can attach to.

Let me know what you think in the comments, I hope to see this implemented next season!

ImaBucketBoy likes this.
  2. EBallan

EBallan
    Hey!
    So with the prison reset there was quite a few changes, one of them being;
    The only players who can destroy spawners are now the plot owner and the player whom placed the spawner
    If the owners could somehow implement this into skyblock with the only people being able to break chunkloaders being the person who placed it and the leader of the island.... well i feel like this would be a great way to protect chunkloaders!

c:

3. olo_YT

olo_YT
    Hi there!
    I definitely agree with this, Chunk loaders, being so valuable, need a simpler and guaranteed protection system implemented. This could be a great change for Season 10! I personally don’t think it would be that hard to add a feature/plugin where chunk loaders are recognised as things such as chests or doors.

4. Codey222

When I had chunk loaders last season I had this issue as well but with the new reset, I believe they are fixing it like Eballan said.

5. jowhk

jowhk
    This is absolutely necessary.

6. AlexMarkey

This is being implemented next season :) (We are going to have an island permission devoted for 'Breaking Valuable Blocks')

27JAS, ArtGuru, Chilo_ and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.