Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Chat Punishments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lipestmh, Dec 2, 2020.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lipestmh

Lipestmh
    I will make this thread that is very necessary in my opinion and I have not seen anything about it since I am active on the forum.

We all know that when we commit a chat offense we are punished and mutated for a period of time. However, we are only mutated when we commit the offense in the general server chat, in the guild chat and in the msgf there are no rules, we cannot be mutated by what we said there.

So if we can only be punished for offenses in normal chat, why does the punishment apply in guild chat and msgf. If we only can be punished for what we said in the general chat,then we should only be mutated there.

2. KingKottlewing

KingKottlewing
    Hey there,

First off, you can be punished for any severity 3 chat offence or DDoS Threats / Rat Threats / DOX Threats / Swat Threats in private chats. The punishment applies in private messages too as it could be counted as bypassing a global mute, i.e. if you want to say something to someone in public chat you can just add them as a friend and message them there. The point of a mute is to stop you from repeating your mistake, so for example if you were sending inappropriate links in public chat, just muting you in public chat would not make much of a difference as you could just message a random person and send them there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.