Change /msgf <user>

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by GLOCKPRINCESS, Nov 15, 2019.

1. GLOCKPRINCESS

Marbellaa
    The friend system is cool in the sense that you can still talk to your friends while being on different game modes. However, it can get really annoying to type "/msgf <user>" each time you want to reply.

I understand why the command cannot be changed to "/r" as this command is for replying to your most recent message from someone in the same game mode, but maybe "/msgf <user>" could be change to "/fr <user>" (fr standing for friend reply) or something shorter than what it is now.

Vxvi_ likes this.
  2. Vxvi_

DandelionVivi
    Hey Marbellaa.
    I agree with you but I also sort of don't. A lot of people (I know) usually just after typing to their /msgf friend just press the upwards arrow key which shows up what you said last in chat and then you can just get rid of what you said before. I also do agree though that it would defiantly be easier to have a command like this and It should be added when there is time for the owners.
    Have a nice day

Zonafer likes this.
  3. iiSean

iiSean_
    Hey! In my opinion this would be very useful and I see no harm in adding this. I don’t get too bothered about it buts it’s gonna be good to have. +1 to this suggestion.

Have a Nice Day
    All The Best
    ___Sean___
    MCC Community Member

4. B_Man05

B_Man05
    I honestly agree with @___Sean___ here

5. 10Controls

10Controls
    I have to give a -1 to this suggestion.

One reason for this is because you're only removing 2 characters, and it isn't bad to just type in /msgf <user> anyways. Also, as Vxvi_ said, most people tend to just hit the up arrow and delete what they said before

The main reason for this, however, is because Alex and vislo have much more important things to work on than changing a command which would remove to characters.

Have a great rest of your day/night!

~AwfullySus

Zonafer likes this.
  6. stiva

seray
    heyhey!

i think that it’d be pretty nice if this were added but it also wouldn’t really be too big of a deal if it weren’t added. you can always copy and paste /msgf [user] so that you don’t always have to type in the command if you’re having a convo with someone on your friends list :))

7. Zonafer

Zonafer
    I don't really think this needed to be added, as there are many things the staff team would (and frankly should) rather focus on than shaving a few characters off of a command. I get it seems interesting, but I don't see much real-life use for it; like Vivien has said, people just hit up and delete their previous message. Overall, I'm a -1

10Controls likes this.
  8. Ankh

Ankh
    Honestly, I believe it would be better to stop using essentials for messaging and switch to a fully global messaging system. So basically /msg and /r would both be global commands. However, for obvious reasons, you still wouldn't be able to globally message someone unless you were friended. So say there was you (Player1) on Survival with Player2, while Player3 was on Prison. You would be able to message Player2 regardless of being friended or not, however to message Player3 you would need to either have them friended or join the same sub-server as them.

This would also allow there to be exceptions to the messaging system for staff members, to make it easier to offer support to those who need it. For example, you would be able to message staff regardless of where they are on the server, and vise versa. If they ever need to contact you, they won't need to try and track you down. But it still wouldn't tell you exactly where they are unless you're friends with them, so there is no risk of abusive players using this to avoid staff detection.

iluvu and guih like this.
  9. fajoszz

fajoszz
    i agree, but i think can be improved. As /m [user] (to send the message for the first time) and to reply /r [user]. I think it would look better.

10. GLOCKPRINCESS

Marbellaa
    It would definitely look better, but /r is used to respond to the last person who messaged you that is in the same game mode as you. If you are messaging both a friend on another sub-server, and someone in your server at the same time. you can see how this can't work.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.