Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Change Filter Bypass Rule

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted member 367, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Hey, it’s me Recrement (an Ex-Mod on MCCentral),

I have a suggestion to make for the server and that is to remove the filter bypass rule, or at-least some of the words on the list of blacklisted words. I think muted should be judged by context rather than if the word is filter or not. An example would be the word ‘*****’. I think that if someone is explaining what the word means, it should be fine? I don’t agree with the current rules. There are too many words in the bypassed list.

be sure to share your opinions and thanks for reading! - Recrement

Alansar_trignot and guih like this.
  2. DrBrando

DrBrando
    Hiya Rec,

Always good to see you. So I’ve looked over your post a fair bit here. After some examination, I think I tend to disagree with the removal of the filter bypass rule. Simply put, some words really don’t have any place on our server and having a chat filter for them does a good job of suppressing discussion related to those words. I could, however, be convinced to agree that some words shouldn’t be filtered but those will need to be handled on a case-by-case basis.

I think that one thing that could help would be to add the plural form of filtered words onto the chat filter because far too often I have to mute people for bypass simply because they said “examples” when “example” was the filtered word.

Anyways, cool post and thanks for sharing your ideas :)

ImaBucketBoy likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.