/cc or /chatcolour

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by 6hb, Mar 30, 2020.

1. 6hb

6hb

6hb
    Hey!

My suggestion is for ranks that have access to use colour codes in chat there should be an option to bring up a GUI with /chatcolour and permanently select a colour to talk in.

What do you guys think?

2. CatBoyFable

fablesoul
    You know, the idea itself isn’t that bad. I’m not sure if it’s entirely doable but it’s not a bad idea. The only reason as to why I say it’s not doable is due to Minecraft specific codes for colors; however, I think it would be cool if there was a command that’ll pull up what number/letter is associated with whatever color or word “effect” (bold, italics, etc). I know there is a forum page that explains all the colors and such but it’s such a pain to just go back and forth and memorize them. So, I personally give this a +1!

Zonafer likes this.
  3. Montilou

Montilou
    This could be a cool feature, but I fear it would make things very hectic.

If you really want to, diamond+ rank can speak in colors, so you can just do that if you'd like to, but I understand that you have to type in the color code thing every time you talk, so this would be easier for people to do so. Although it does sound interesting, I do have some problems / fears with the addition of this.

Advertisements:
    One of the main reasons players talk in colors is to advertise whatever they want to advertise, but once every donator has a preset color, it won't really catch any attention anymore, which could have a negative affect towards the player.

Rookies:
    Already, with the amount of donators, rookies' chat messages are unfortunately frequently ignored, or their messages aren't even seen in the first place, but with a ton of donators having colored text, the situation would become even worse. Not even just rookies, but overall any message, would blend in with the rest of chat and I feel like it would make reading chat a lot harder, especially on populated sub-servers or minigames.

Overall:
    I feel like this would make the chat a mess. A mix of colors everywhere doesn't sound pleasant to try and read.

4. Zonafer

Zonafer
    It seems like a good idea, purely cosmetic so no one can complain about it being pay-to-win, and I see no drawbacks aside from the headaches I'll suffer.

I also agree with fableking, it'd be nice to have a quick UI pop up to tell you what the code is for each modification. Overall, I'm a +1

abbzyy and CatBoyFable like this.
  5. 6hb

6hb

6hb
    Yeah it is definitely doable i've seen it on many servers before!! Pretty much you just do /colour and it brings up a GUI and you can only select colours that correspond to the Minecraft specific colour codes. n:)

Thanks for the +1!!

CatBoyFable likes this.
  6. 6hb

6hb

6hb
    Thanks for the +1 man!

I really feel like it would be so much better if we could just select a colour to talk in instead of having to put &c&l in before every message!!

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.