Capture the flag

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by BestAt_Minectaft, Apr 12, 2020.

1. BestAt_Minectaft

My suggestion is that you add capture the flag option that is swords only. In capture the flag, many people bow spam then hit once with a sword. This is a fun way to play the game and some people like it. Although some like it some do not and want a swords only game. I can't count the times in chat I 'v heard people ask for a sword only game. please consider adding this version to capture the flag it would be so much fun. keep the old but add the new.

2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hi! as much as bow spammers are annoying, i don't think this idea would work. splitting the ctf players would make the game less active as shown when team sg and solo sg was a thing and especially since sometimes lobbies can take a while to fill as it is now (depending on what time u play this minigame). even making this an option before a game would start can just add an unnecessary layer of complexity to the game. not everyone event votes for a map, whatw ould bows or no bows make a difference for(?). asking players to only use swords wouuld do nothing, you cannoy controll the players. again, as much as bow spamming is annoying a large majority of players do it, and that is hwat's fun from their perspective and gameplay experience, so..

overall, I disgree with adding a new ctf version mainly because it would make the game less active by splitting the player base and/or making one version less active // -1
    sorry, and havae a rgreat day

Zonafer, Emmx, iZyro and 4 others like this.
  3. Bob50

UglyKidBob
    Hello

This Would not work at all i agree with puposaurus bow spamming is annoying gets on everyone's nerve but the bow is very much needed on capture the flag how can you recover without it like say someone is going across ur bridge and ur so far back the only chance you have of recovering is using the bow the only thing that maybe could help the bow not be used much of bow spamming is to have a limit of arrows you spawn with maybe 16/32 arrows and when you run out of arrows you have to die to gain more back.

So Im going to be -1 on this idea as this would cause ctf some problems.

Emmx and puposaurus like this.
  4. MrMonkey

0MrMonkey0
    Instead of making this a option, I think it would be nice to have a CTF normal and CTF only swords, since the bow its one of the most efficient and used weapons in CTF

5. Mxats

Mxats
    Heyo!
    I actually was thinking about suggesting something like this before. Mine version was a little different though.
    I don't think they should remove bows since these are a part of the game wether you like it or not. I was thinking they could add something like a teleportation stick / enderpearl with a 5 minute cooldown since there a couple of maps where it's all about the kill because actually capturing the flag is too hard. So an enderpearl with a 5 minute cooldown would be perfect, I'd also like to see higher upgrades (percentages) of the perks actually working. So this also had me thinking why isn't an enderpearl a feature where it's for example in level 1, it's 1 epearl in the whole game, level 2, 2 enderpearls in the whole game, and so on. This could be replaced by level one, 15 min delay, level 2 10 minute delay, level 3 5 minutes delay. I really think this is a better idea then removing bows since sometimes if you have to handle like a 3v1 a bow does come in handy.
    Best regards,
    Mats :)

Emmx likes this.
  6. MrMonkey

0MrMonkey0
    I love the idea of adding pearls and teleportation wands, I do think that would make the game harder.

Great idea,
    Monkey -_-

Mxats likes this.
  7. fedham

fedham
    if u cant beat em join em

Emmx likes this.
  8. Mxats

Mxats
    Well the reason I want them is because now games sometimes take the full 15 minutes and I think it's way more fun to actually have falgs captured in stead of winning / losing because of the kill.

Emmx likes this.
  9. CatBoyFable

fablesoul
    Hello there,

A similar thread was made by httpsalex about the concerns of bowspamming on CTF (link). His suggestion was to limit the amount of arrows and each time you get a kill, you’ll gain an arrow. I like his idea a lot, although I do have a few concerns.

Anyways, I disagree. Bows are so valuable if you’re trying to shoot someone across the map that has the flag or if you’re trying to defend yourself if you have low health. Bow spamming is annoying, yes, but it is a good defensive.

I suggest this - also mentioned it in httpsalex’s thread - remove the power one or add projection protection onto armor. Bows should stay- whether we get limited arrows or not is fine by me. However, getting two/three shot in just a few seconds is not so fun. This will A) make it more difficult for bowspammers to kill you, thus giving you an advantage and B) survive more than 2-3 bow shots. I believe that this will extremely improve the bowspam issue - considering you can never get across the bridge in Clash Valley.

I’d like to see the replies to this thread and I’m excited to see what improves for minigames :D

Thanks!

puposaurus and Emmx like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.