CAN WE PLEASE BAN TEAMS ALREADY IN SG

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by itsyeboikenny3, May 26, 2021.

1. itsyeboikenny3

IT IS SO UNFAIR FOR THOSE WHO ARENT TEAMED, im afraid if its not banned, this servers flaws will outshine what you do right, it is the BIGGEST problem this server has besides the immense amount of hackers, so please for the love of god, it has ruined so many of my games that I really should have won, if you can't be rational and for the love of all that is holy, ban teaming all together, fuck you.

YouGetMeSoHigh likes this.
  2. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    I disagree with this suggestion and I'll get into why:

To many people (myself included) play survival games with friends, which is why I think apart of many other reasons is why they chose to beta SG first over other minigames. And I feel like many people would leave if they found out they couldn't team anymore.

The cheating problem in minigames has been minimised extremely well. In the last week since the beta opened, I've only had to record and report a single cheater, who couldn't fly, just used a bad bow aimbot - cheat prevention is working on the server.

Maybe as an alternative, if the player response to SG is considered great enough, a solos/teams game can make a return? I don't think it's likely but it might give you some peace of mind to know that it could be considered. :)

I understand you said that you don't like to team, however if it is causing you this much distress maybe making a team isn't such a bad idea? You said on discord you were killed multiple times in a row by teamers, maybe metaphorically level the playing field in a way!

Again, the introduction of this would likely bring less players, which at a moment with the EULA changes to the server, isn't exactly a chance admins are willing to take until they can verify that doing so would still mean a healthy playerbase can thrive. Overall I'm
    -1 for this, still though, good topic! Have a good day chief!

#2 Elecctricc, May 26, 2021
    Last edited: May 26, 2021
    SplatBerry, guih, Dionnysus and 3 others like this.
  3. ltself

ltself
    Hey mate, I exactly agree with what @Elecctricc has stated. I understand the frustrations you are having. However, some people want to kick back and have fun playing with their friends. This is exactly what the server is about and there has been a ban to teaming in the past where there were separate modifications of Survival Games, being Solo and Teams. This implementation failed miserably, reducing player counts. Overall, there are some easy solutions for you. Either find another server or learn how to beat teams. Take your anger to practice servers, not here.

4. luvbri

luvbri
    Both responses thus far take the words right out of my fingers (because typing obviously), and as both have highlighted;
    On MCC, Survival Games is pretty much a place to have fun with friends.

Teaming at some aspects is an issue, and we do have cutbacks on these issue with the implementing of a maximum of 3 people per team situation, which I believe the amount was decided via a public Discord poll.

As @ltself has suggested, maybe finding a different server that has different opinions regarding teaming may be the best solution for you, as we don't plan on changing our teaming arrangements for SG anytime soon.

All in all, have a wonderful day & thanks for making a suggestion.

Elecctricc likes this.
  5. YouGetMeSoHigh

nontraditional
    I personally agree with you, I think that teaming should be banned especially with the new sg changes. Before, you could take on a three team of level 10 randoms because you had enchants and whatnot but those were taken away. Now, everyone has the same gear, meaning that if you are in a 1v3 or 1v2 etc, you don’t have the possibility of better gear to even the fight.

There was somewhat recently a poll on discord to ask the community what should be done about the teaming issue, and the agreed upon response was to continue to allow teams but to limit them to 3. Unfortunately, while I agree that sg would be better as solo only, many of the same people who are now complaining that teaming should be banned are probably the same ones who voted for it to be allowed in the first place. Therefore, while I would absolutely prefer for teaming to be banned in sg, I don’t see it as likely to happen anytime soon.

6. SniffableSugar

SniffableSugar
    Hey~
    I would have to disagree with removing the teaming aspect in Survival game. As a lot of other members have mentioned SG is mostly designed to have a fun time with friends. I understand that it's unfair for the solo player to have to fight in 2 v 1 or 3 v 1, the solution I can think of so far would be joining an active guide and play with guildmates. Another possible solution would be the implementation of a party finder system for the solo players to use.

At the end of the day, we are all here to have some fun so please don't feel discouraged to make a suggestion if you got a better idea.

luvbri and Dionnysus like this.
  7. micunmuted

PLARPS
    Hello, I get your suggestion about this and I do agree, but It's not gonna get added as a rule no matter how hard you try, people have made plenty of threads in the past (including me) and everyone else disagrees. But yes, I wish they removed it because at this point, it is really annoying. But you are just going to have to find some friends to play with to be able to fight the teamers. (unless your good enough to 2v1 teamers) but anyway, I am gonna have to give this a -1 because 1, it's never gonna get added as a rule and 2, you can just play with your friends or find someone to play with.

8. SplatBerry

SplatBerry
    Heya,

I would like to put my input on this.
    First of all, I don’t support this idea of removing the teaming expect of survival games in mccentral, and I’ll explain why.

First of all, Survival games is based of collecting what you find in the “wild” and surviving. Technically finding another player in the “wild” can be used as sources. So the first benefit is you can find people and work together to survive, as the goal of the game is. Having big teams banned is so it isn’t too overpowered, and is more balanced then lets say a 5v1.

Secondly, I know what it feels like from personal times where you get teamed on and it’s fairly annoying. That’s when you need to find your own team, to counter if you want.

Third and last of all, Survival games, again, is about surviving. You survive with other players to make the goal of surviving. Personally the most of the time I die it’s at the end of the game in death match, so I take that into consideration and make ally’s so I don’t get teamed on.

Those were my thoughts, if you want you may of course add on or tell me something otherwise, but this is what I feel is true.

Overall, I am saying a
    -1 for I believe teaming should stay apart of Survival Games.

-Splat

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.