Cakewars Update Proposal

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by YupImDuck, Dec 28, 2020.

1. YupImDuck

A lot of you people remember Cakewars, I remember when it first came out it was awesome. Now it's a dead game with no players. It's a hollow shell of it's former self. That's why I made this to suggest changes. Here is my proposal to this server.

Maps - Add new maps, try different concepts! Maybe closer generators, a bunch of tiny islands, because this server has a decent cakewars plugin.

Spawn Protection - I've been, (and all of you have also probably been,) spawnkilled. Just today I finally managed to get in a game only to be spawn killed for 10 minutes.

Different Team Sizes - Each time I've played, Which were often rare occasions, I'd get in a team where I'm alone, and there are 3 player teams. Maybe add a solos, and doubles mode to make it more interesting and fair. Or you could change it so instead of splitting teams into 4 if the teams aren't even, make a map for 3v3s. Not 3v3v3v3.

Cosmetics- A in-game credit shop! It would be cool seeing that as it would give people something to shoot for, maybe vampire kill, arrow defense, and much more like skywars!

Generator Upgrades
    - Similar to other servers, you could add some available upgrades in terms of different speed, maybe 4 different speeds, each being 10 - 5 minutes each. and at the end cake's get destroyed to hurry the game's pace to prevent campers.

We could do this with volunteers of experienced people, whether it be coders, or map builders, this would be a fun project to set up, and bring the attention back here.

Not all of the ideas I proposed may not be possible for the community. But if there could be an update to make the server more alive, that would be great. Maybe someone with higher power could bring this up to an Owner or Admin. MCC is a dying server that needs to be revived with attention and updates, it seems like alex_markey doesn't see it dying because of the faked player count. I used to play here when I was younger, and change with the game system would bring the server. I've worked very hard on this list, and hopefully this server could listen to the players more!

Thanks' if you read this, maybe this server could be awoken again :).

Cheers,
    YupImDuck

Avater1.png

Attached Files:

2. boomrabbits_

boomrabbits_
    Hey YupImDuck! Hope you are having a lovely day :D

A mini-games revamp might be coming soon and having adding these features to cakewars will improve the game itself and maybe even revive it. These are my opinions on all of the suggested things + some additional suggestions:

Maps
    I would love to see some new maps in cakewars, especially with other features like you mentioned. Maybe there could also be a map rotation in cakewars and other mini-games if a mini-games revamp does happen. There could also be festive maps (Just like the festive hub) that could get added in for the holiday (This one also applied for other mini-games). Overall this is a +1 from me

Spawn Protection
    I've never had this issue personally but I've been it happen before and I can tell you its not nice but spawn protection may be annoying to players trying to kill other players so there could also be another option. Allow players to spawn in with swords. When I've played cakewars its really annoying to spawn in without a sword so this would also be a solution. If spawn protection does get added I'm not sure if even have enough time to buy a sword so overall a +0.5 from me

Different Team Sizes
    Personally I don't think this would be the best idea due to the fact that when survival games had a solo and team mode it didn't work out. Cakewars could possibly have a solo and 3v3v3v3 mode but 100% not a doubles but still I think it would be best if it only had 1. Overall this is unfortunately a -1 from me

Cosmetics
    I think this should definitely be added, When I've played cakewars in the past I found it really weird that it didn't contain any cosmetics. This would also be really easy to code because most of the cosmetics that would get added would mostly likely already exist in other gamemodes. Although if a mini-games revamp does happen the owners could think and code some new ones. Overall a +1 for this one

Generator upgrades
    When played cakewars on MCC, I haven't really had experiences or seen much campers so I'm not sure this would be really useful although I know this does happen sometimes so adding this wouldn't be the worst thing. Overall this one would be a +0.5 from me

I hope you have a great rest of your day / night!
    DM me on discord if you have any questions (Mentioned below)
    -boom

BxnTxn and 89p like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.