cakes (^_-)

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by puposaurus, Jul 23, 2019.

1. puposaurus

puposaurus
    okie. howdy hi hi, folks!
    i made a very similar thread about this idea back in the enjin days, and with a new forums i’d like to readdress it. i’ll keep it simple and short (:
    i think the ability to buy cakes from a store should be brought back into prison.

as cakes are no where near necessary for prison in anyway shape or form. however, i’d just like to hear out some of the other players on their thoughts. i enjoyed using cakes for building/decoration purposes, and it’d be a nice ~bonus~ if this was added for season 7

pricing- back in season 1 and season 2, i believe it was around 50k for one cake. With the new economy system & spawners n’ all that, i think 50k would be on the lower side. maybe around 75k-150k would be a less “cheap price” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also, a ‘lil soemthing- - i’m aware there’s larger concerns floating around prison with tokens, scammers, n’ all that, and that adding “cakes” to the shop menu wouldn’t compare to those types of issues, but just wondering what other folks think

BrysonOA and Acappella like this.
  2. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew
    Can you explain to me why Cakes are so important? Is it solely for the purpose of decoration or do they have some use, what is the reason the value of them is so high? I am a newer returning Prison player here on MCC and I am curious to see why adding these back would be beneficial. Could you respond back with more information so I can give feedback based on your response?

BrysonOA likes this.
  3. puposaurus

puposaurus
    honestly, they don’t have much other purpose than just decoration. which is why i can see the server not adding them at all.
    i valued ‘em kinda high because the prison economy is “large” and continues to grow throughout the season (on both realms).. I think that if for some reason they were to be added back, their original price, 50k, would be too low considered to how the prison economy is now and has been for the past few seasons.
    hope this kinda helped more or something

4. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew
    If they have no purpose I don't see them being added but if this is something the community is interested in having just for the sole purpose of decoration - I am all for it. It isn't a bad idea, especially if it harmless and can't affect the economy in any way.

puposaurus likes this.
  5. Minninq

Minninq
    I support this idea I think it would be a nice thing I kinda wonder why they got removed because why not keep them there but I think 75k-150k is a bit expensive for 1 block that it does is decoration. I think keeping it at 50k would be just fine (Note I do know 150k isn't that much) but its just 1 block that only does decoration.

6. Flumes

Flumes
    Being someone that played prison since season 1, I remember lots of people buying cakes just for the fun and making plots full of them. It was definitely a cool addition to prison. I'm not too sure why Alex and VIslo decided to remove them from prison but I would also love to see them come back. +1 by me.​

puposaurus likes this.
  7. TheTNTPotato

TheTNTPotato
    Right now beacons are the only block(?) that have a lot of value, so bringing cakes back would be great. Adding them to the next reset would be cool for people who don't want to use beacons to show their wealth. It's also a bit nostalgic for people who have been around since they were originally added. I think 100K would be a decent price, it'd make sure that they have value but are inexpensive enough for new players to buy/wealthy players to buy in bulk.

puposaurus likes this.
  8. guih

guihzy
    Hey
    I must support your idea: i believe cakes should be brought back into prison for decoration purposes only (as nobody will eat a cake i suppose). I’m a +1 to your topic, thank you for suggesting this! Have a nice day
    - ItsGuih // MCC Helper

9. Pizzicato_

Pizzicato_
    Maybe cakes could be used as a reward for achieving certain milestones. Some examples I can think of is when prestiging (going to A1) or winning an event. I also like the idea of just having cakes in general to purchase. It seems like a harmless item to have in game so I'm curious as to if this will be implemented.

10. Ankh

Ankh
    150k for a cake? Damn, that must have been served at Jeff Bezos' wedding :joy:

Jokes aside, I don't see any reason to not add this. It's a good addition for decoration and it really gives no advantages at all. Not sure why they would ever remove it in the first place.

As cool as cakes are, they're pretty worthless. I'd rather not spend weeks to months grinding up money to prestige just to get nothing but a cake lmao.

puposaurus likes this.
  11. 4151

Hi there,
    I think in my own opinion that cakes would be useless because what are you going to do with it.
    But if it does get put in the game I think it should be what Pizzicato_ said each prestige you would get one cake. Also if it gets added you could use it for spawners to buy them like 10 cakes for the worst spawner and like 50 or 60 cakes for the best spawner also 1 cake could cost 500k or like 1 million I know it was removed from the game but this would probably be what cake should be used for it's like gapples and stacks of prison tokens because I dont see the point in making it for decoration.
    Thanks
    Have y
    Have a lovely day or night
    --==FireyGast Immortal==--

12. Jdow

Jdow
    Don't see why they wouldn't bring them back, they literally give nothing except for a little fun and some nice decoration. If they do bring them back and wanted to give some value to them though they should make them pretty expensive and keep them as a rare item that players could use to show off their wealth or it'd be cool if they'd be given when you rankup and/or when you prestige then added the ability to use them in the shop as another form of currency as something a bit different and fun. Either way, they should definitely bring them back. +1

13. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hey! i think if they kinda did what you’re taking about/what pizzicato is talking about, like, with the prestiges n’ events 60 cakes would be very hard to get and maybe even impossible since there’s only 9 prestiges, and i think for a cake to be an event prize wouldn’t be the most useful. this is ‘cause the event prizes are in form of a key, and if a cake is a possible prize win it could most likely make some players not so happy. from my experience n’ all that, most times events, like lms, have players who play prison solely for the pvp part and not as much for the economy portion, if they got cakes it could be even more useless. but also at the same time if they were to be valued at 500k, like you said, they would sell for more than a beacon..
    anyways.. sorry for long-ish reply.
    tl;dr i don’t exactly like the idea from getting cakes just from prestiges and events, and that using them to buy spawners wouldn’t really get used..¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.