Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Cacti Farms

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by 5aki, Aug 24, 2020.

1. 5aki

5aki
    So im pretty new to skyblock seeing that the last time I played was 3-4 years ago. I was wondering if cacti farms were still one of the best money making strategies? If so how can I get more sand without spending 11k on each stack, but if its not the best then what can I do? I understand spawners but how can I get money FOR Spawners? Thank you for helping me!

2. Melifly

Melifly
    The economy is different every season. There are plenty of people that have cactus farms but the most efficient way to make money for spawners this season is by farming nether wart, melons, vines and ice farms.

3. tayhlor

tayhlor
    Hi Saki! From my experiences cacti farms are not the way to go this season, and I think a lot of people can agree because I've never seen anyone with a cacti farm. For me, it was a complete waste of money and 2 weeks. Each full double chest of cacti sold for 2.5k which is very little compared to the other farming methods. You can make far more by farming nether wart or sugar canes. Hope this helped!

4. ChimkenWings

I heard cactus farms were nerfed because they caused lag, discouraging players to build them. There is an item called a Harvest Hoe (extremely expensive when starting out), which you want to work towards. It is the quickest money-making strategy when farming nether warts and sugar cane, and it replants warts, potatoes, carrots, etc. ;)

When you don't have a harvest hoe, the best farms are melon (silk touch axe) and ice farms (silk touch pickaxe), farming until you can afford a harvest hoe (shortcut is to buy it with IRL, with a staff middleman of course lol). Once you have gotten a harvest hoe, it will take ~3 hours (600k an hour of active farming) per spawner, and as you level it up by using it, you can shorten it down to ~2 hours a spawner. Best spawners are cave spider, snow golem and rabbit spawners.

5. MrElmoBoy

Nah, not kinda but they can help you for start i think

6. Milliie

kikohh
    The grind as farming is a lot more fun though :)

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.