Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Buycraft Awards on the server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ctrs, Jun 19, 2020.

1. ctrs

ctrs
    Basically I don't agree with some of the coupons the server gives away.

Like winning a UHC requires skill and patience and stuff and if you win against like I don't know 100-200 people you only get $2.25? I'm pretty sure that I can't buy you much in the store.

And then for voting, which is much easier, just takes longer if you win that you get $25? A bit confusing...

In my opinion, I think winning a UHC could get you maybe $10 on a coupon and for having the highest votes I think $10 makes sense too.

What are your opinions?

olo_YT likes this.
  2. Cefr

Cefr
    I totally agree that the UHC reward should be higher. I get the voting reward of $25 because it's for every month and it helps the server, but UHC is way too low. I think UHC should be between $5-$10. This would make more players want to play it and it would be more worth playing it in the first place. I do hope they up the amount, but it's all up to what they want to give away to their players. Thanks for reading.

-Cefr

olo_YT likes this.
  3. Swinger

Swinger
    I'm a -1. There's a lot of reasons why voting Buycraft awards are higher in value than UHC rewards. UHC doesn't bring in a huge amount of money, as it is theoretically the least pay-to-win gamemode on the server, with ranks affording you no real benefit. The fact that it is hosted frequently (every 17 hours) means Alex and Jeremy would be forking out $10-20 every 17 hours for a game which doesn't earn them any money, which doesn't seem reasonable. If you go back through the last 30-40 UHC winners, you'll also notice that there's not a lot of change in the players who get the money. You have the same 20-ish players winning it almost every game, only really changing because of timezones and who people team with. It would just be Alex forking out money constantly to these players, with the top few earning much more off of UHC than they ever would playing a season (or three) of factions.

Contrastingly, voting for MCC brings in much more money and players than you may realise; I found MCC through a server list website years ago because it was so highly voted. Everyone has the opportunity to earn vouchers no matter their skill level at the game, while doing something that directly affects the server, which is why the rewards are so high.

TLDR; UHC doesn't earn money and the change you suggest would cost the owners upwards of $420 a month, whereas voting brings in huge amounts of players and costs $125 a month.

Amvya and ctrs like this.
  4. ctrs

ctrs
    I see... it makes more sense now haha

5. Sparky

SparkyDawg
    Hey ctrs!
    I do think that it is a little disappointing only winning two dollars after you get an incredibly lucky mining trip and do a great job in pvp! But it is the servers money that they are giving away, I think you should be glad that you get money period. Because the server could be using this money for better anticheat, and other ways to upgrade the the server. I do partially agree, I think there should be certain UHCs that are worth maybe 5-10 dollars, but only certain rare ones.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this!
    - Sparky

6. Simplistiq

snoic
    I agree with you on the voting part. But uhc, the same 5 players make it to the end. The same players win almost every time. They would just get tons of buycrafts and like Swinger said, it would cost the server a lot of money to keep hosting these. I feel like what they have now is good.

olo_YT likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.