Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Bring Back Redstone Clocks

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by DrJoFlo, Apr 13, 2020.

1. DrJoFlo

I spent hours building a sorting system in survival only to find that redstone clocks are apparently disabled. I had built one on this server a few years ago and wanted to build it again. What is the reasoning behind this?

2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    yep! i totally disagree on enabling them again. they were removed in the first place to prevent not only just general server lag but also the creation with lag machines. there is a way around redstone clocks but kinda doesn’t always work, and that’s to use observers. since survival is 1.12 backended we have access to the lovely 1.10 observers which help go around the redstone clock things.
    anwyays, to answer your question (again-ish): redstone clocks we’re disabled to prevent lag and the creation of lag machines. same applies for afk fishers that and you’d get v op if you used ‘em

hope this helped!
    have a great day.

mxbel, DrJoFlo and ThorKingOfAsgard like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.