Biased Appeals

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by YaBoiHaze, Aug 20, 2020.

1. YaBoiHaze

I think that is is wrong for the person who banned you to be the one who handles your staff appeal. It is a clearly biased system and its basically your word over an all powerful moderator and i think thats wrong. A different staff member should be in charge of doing the appeals who is unrelated to the ban to create the most unbiased system.

2. Xermes

Xermes
    Hi YaBoiHaze,

The appeals system is fine the way it is because the staff member who punishes you gets to have a look at the evidence and determines if your message/actions break any of the network rules. Since they're the one in power to remove your punishment, they know the scope of the situation, and why you were punished, as a result of witnessing/seeing all the evidence. They know everything about your case and they're the ideal person to determine whether or not to remove your punishment.

I hope this helped expand your knowledge of the appeals system further. If you feel that the staff member is being biased against you in particular (or has broken a rule of any sort) feel free to report them here.

BlockyBeach likes this.
  3. YaBoiHaze

This system is easily abusable by the admins which have proven time and time again to be biased, etc. I still think it would be better for another admin to have the ability to review the evidence without the bias. I guarantee you no admin who bans someone unbans them because they hate to admit the fact that they were wrong.

4. xBenz

xBenz
    This is correct. Adding onto this is Moderators do not need to collect evidence for every punishment. We only collect evidence on the following bans: Kill Aura, Aimbot, Reach, Criticals, AntiKB, XRay, Ghosting & Screenshares

All other mutes and bans can just be witnessed by a Mod+. If another staff was doing the appeal, they would NOT have any evidence to go on. Thus the staff member that issued the punishment will deal with it as they witnessed it and know the context of the situation.

BlockyBeach likes this.
  5. YaBoiHaze

I would like someone who inst a biased mod to repsond to this thread becuase both of you are just adding to the fact that this server has trash mods.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.