Being Able to Message while Muted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FireBubbles, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireBubbles

FireBubbles
    Hello MCC Staff, I would like to make a proposal. As I am muted often, I find it very unfair that I am not able to message my friends in game. I understand the mute from global chat, but why am I not able to private message? It makes communicating with teammates difficult at times and I am not able to directly notify any staff of any hackers without going in the discord. Can you guys please make private messaging available for muted players? Thank you.

#1 FireBubbles, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    Abar likes this.
  2. seekingattention

seekingattention
    Here's my opinion on this:

If you're muted, you're muted. I don't see any reason to allow you to send pms, because you were punished for a reason. You shouldn't be able to get a bypass with pms, for whatever reason. If there's a hacker, just go in the discord and tag us, it doesn't take that much more effort. That also allows more of us to be notified rather than just the one or two staff members you might message ingame.
    Also, you can be muted for a reason regarding something you said in a pm or msgf, so it would make no sense for you to be able to send pms while muted. My suggestion is to just not say anything that'll get you muted and you'll be better off overall.
    I understand your reasoning, I just don't agree as I think there's too many other factors here you have to take into consideration.

iluvu likes this.
  3. iiSean

iiSean_
    Hey!

I think that being muted is a prevention but is also a punishment so you are also being punished by not being able to message.

Besides let’s say you are muted for disrespect what’s stopping you from disrespecting in messages?

If you are thinking of something along the lines of “Oh, maybe some punishments should block global chat and messages.” then I disagree as there would be more chance of needing to do both for every mute.

Another example is spambots. There are many bots that /msg spam as well as global chat spam. It has happened a few times whilst playing Survival.

Due to this being unhelpful for a lot of cases and being able to get abused easily I am a big -1. Besides you can always use signs to chat with people :D

Have a nice day
    All the best
    ___Sean___
    MCC Community Member

4. Firebal676

Firebal
    In order to receive a mute on the server you have to break the server's rules. As for punishment, you can't talk in game because you broke the rules. Minecraft Central does this because they want players to not break their rules. It's as simple as that. If you break the rules, you will receive punishment.

5. Departition_

I disagree, however I would like to see the ability to be able to message people on your friends list

6. xBenz

xBenz
    The entire point of a mute is to revoke your communication as a punishment. Allowing you to message someone will ruin the point of the punishment.

I have a better suggestion, follow the rules and don't get muted. Simple.

- Locked // Will not be implemented

_Inconvenience and iiSean like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.