Bedrock edition port

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by NoodlePlanet, May 16, 2021.

?

Should they make a Bedrock edition port (Console and Pocket Edition, and Windows 10 Edition)

Poll closed May 17, 2021.
  1. Ye

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Nah fam

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  1. NoodlePlanet

I want to play the server on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition because i just bought it.

2. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Hey bro,

This is a cool idea since it opens the server up to a new player base however unless the use of 3rd party mods are used, the servers would remain split; and unless there seems to be a demand for a bedrock MCC server, I can't see the bedrock server filling up enough to actually be profitable.

There is what I estimate as a tiny fraction of the playerbase that would actually switch from Java to Bedrock. Meaning any players that would join the bedrock server would be new to the server, with what will be a tiny development team (already working on the Java side) and a small staff team to manage the opening of the server, I don't think it'll work currently.

My theory is that until some kind of vanilla bridge between Java and Bedrock is developed, we won't see a Bedrock server for some time, not to say that it's impossible however, just need more time! Take everything I said with a grain of salt, I'm no developer just estimating from what I believe:)

Have a good one !

3. Minninq

Minninq
    Hey there,

I simply don't think MCC's best interest would to expand to bedrock or pocket edition I don't think the server is big enough at the moment either to sustain an active player base regarding pocket edition or console etc.​

4. Timppali

Timppali
    The backend and code of Bedrock edition are very different from the Java version. A successful server on Bedrock edition would require months of work, as the platform is so different. Everything would have to be built from nothing. This sounds like a way too big project, and the benefits of it are not guaranteed. Unfortunately your idea is not likely to happen.

5. micunmuted

PLARPS
    it might sound weird, but you can go into the code and play java servers on bedrock. but that would just get you banned.
    I would just get java edition (if you have the money) if not, just play the popular bedrock server.

6. NoodlePlanet

Alright, i guess i will stick with ONLY my java account, i just like the Windows 10 Edition more than Java.

omlettLOVESchu likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.