Beaner (Wait Open thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WishICouldPvp, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WishICouldPvp

Why is it possible to say "Beaner" in chat but not ***** is the n word being held at a higher standard why aren't all racial slurs held to the same standard though some might not be used as often. If an admin scrolls past this please make a priority to ban all racial slurs I have been called "Beaner " to many times and it is become to become a problem out of my reach thank you =). P.S. When I chatreport them for saying beaner they never get muted what is that??

2. httpmeme

jakeysoul
    Hiya!

Beaner is actually blacklisted and is also a Racial Slur, I honestly hardly people say it as for the n word with the hard r is more commonly seen in chat and in chatreports, I feel like the reason for your crs being denied would be that perhaps the staff member doesn't know or isn't aware of the definition since it's not widely used in other countries or places, where I live I hear it a lot but it's not said as much as other slurs, which is why I feel like people get away with saying them. If people do say it, I feel like it has to be extremely obvious that they're saying it since it gets mixed up for "beamer" and other words similar. I hope this clears that up, if you still feel like people aren't getting punished for it you can screenshot it in chat and show a Mod+ and they can deal with it accordingly.

Have a lovely day/night!

xBenz likes this.
  3. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hi as mentioned above by tha' meme that it's a blacklisted word ingame, and i also agree with you that there's a few racial slurs that surpassingly aren't blacklisted. i'm not going to say them, for obvious reasons, but i think it can be kinda hard to filter all racial slurs since some of 'em can be 2-worded phrases, or also used in common words.., like, since this one isn't as common, the word "m*ck" can also be someone's name or be short for "mickey mouse". i think with words like those some staff could have trouble telling the difference between a normal conversation and if theyre using it as a racial slur.. unless a player is obviously being disrespectful.

hope this helped, along with httpsmeme's reply
    ~puposaurus :D

4. FFandF

FnnF
    I would tell them that if they didn’t know what the word means they should look up the definition. I wouldn’t tell them the definition of the word in case if somehow it is taken the wrong way , and then you get punished for it. Have a good day/night

5. Zguy2000

Papa_PickleZ
    Chat reports also depend on contextual evidence. Remember, when you chatreport somebody, the staff reviewing the logs can ONLY see the messages sent by the player who you CR’ed. If you want to report because an offense was broken through context, it would be best to just report on the forums. It also makes staff’s job a little easier in showing the EXACT portion of the text where you think an offense is present, and a forum report can be easily flipped if one staff member misses the offense.

Hope this helped! Have a nice day/night!
    -Zguy2000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.