Bans

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by FreezeMC, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreezeMC

ItsFreezeMC
    So first of all just want to say some bans are too long and some bans are not long enough. When someone is using kill aura or b hop or some hack its a 30day ban. If you don't screen share in 5mins its also 30days. For some people like me, I got banned for 30days because I couldn't figure out how to get to the screen share in 5mins. I think that PVP hacks should get a minimum 6day ban. Not screen sharing should be 20days. Also, i think you guys would make a lot of money if you could buy unbans.

2. TrippedUp

TrippedUp
    Hello!

I do not agree with changing any length of ban times. The hacking bans are 30 days for the first offense, however, they increase in length after more offenses until eventually leading to a perm-ban. The screen-share is to prevent people from AFKing and not logging into the screen share. The link to join the screen-share room is on the GUI when you are frozen, and remember if you can't figure it out you should ask in support of the MCC Community Discord. 6 days would be way too short for hacks.

Buying unbans would not be fair either. The reason we have bans is to keep the players that break the rules off the server and give them time to think about their actions. Allowing them to keep buying unbans would just allow them to keep coming back and hacking on that account.

Overall, ban lengths are most likely going to stay put for the time being. They have worked for a long time and I see no evident reason why they should be altered at this moment.

Hope you are having a great day or night!

httpmeme and 10Controls like this.
  3. xStrafings

Strafinqs
    I think that ban lengths should stay the same. If you refuse to screenshare its bassicly the same as hacking. I got screenshared yesterday and just asked in the MCC discord for the screenshare room link having the discord will prevent problems like the one of you getting banned because you couldn't screen share.

Unbans would cause and issue. People are already complaining about lots of hackers and "useless staff." If there were unbans to be bought, then some hackers would buy unbans and continue to hack causing the hacker amounts to be more than there already are.

4. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Ban times won't be changing to be shorter - definitely not down to 6 days.
    If anything, we would may make ban times more harsher in future.

Literally 99% of accounts used to hack are alts bought from alt websites. Those accounts should realistically be perm banned first offence.
    I've seen it time and time again, when banning random rookies, they typically have previous hacking offences. These accounts get re-used every few months until they eventually get their 3rd ban, which is permanent.

Personally I have no huge problem with buying unbans. If someone wants to spend money to have their account unbanned, then thats on them. If they did hack again, they'd simply just be banned again, wasting their money.

Yukihira, iiSean and AZXG like this.
  5. iiSean

iiSean_
    Hey!

Bans should not really be reduced ESPECIALLY to 6 days? I am not sure as to why you get perm banned on 3rd offence instead of 2nd offence but whatever.

Not all hackers are people who just get alts of websites or whatever the f*** they do so that’s when they deserve a second chance.

To be honest if they are using alts do they even reuse them after there ban if not would this at all matter?

About buying unbans I think that is just a bit I don’t know pathetic I guess? Do they buy them cause they want to hack again if so they’ll get re-banned but then again punishments are for revoking access to something from someone so like why should they sell unbans??

Wouldn’t it be cheaper to buy other accounts then unbans?

Have a Nice Day
    All The Best
    ___Sean___
    MCC Community Member

6. fajoszz

fajoszz
    i not agree with you. Bans can´t be reduced, because all day new hackers join in the server and unfortunately even though be banned, most of hackers use ALOT of alt´s accounts, to keeping using hacker. Recently, the mcc staff made an great decision for this, which was "Ban evasion" if you have 2 or more banned accounts on your ip, any account you play on the server will be banned. But unfortunately, it's still manual, SrMods and admins need to manually check the player's ip, so unfortunately the number of hackers on alt´s accounts is still too large, decreasing the ban time would only would make more hackers play on the server. Banishment time for me is totally fair to everyone. And about unban, i agree. if anyone wants to buy unban to play again, that's fine. And if him use hacker again, he just loses his own money.

7. 10Controls

10Controls
    I personally don't think that bans should be shorter, especially going down to 6 days. Bans are put into place to keep hackers and other rule breakers off of the server and I think the times are fine as they are. And if you did get banned because you couldn't figure out how to get into the screenshare you can always appeal for an unban anyways. As with paying for unbans, I wouldn't have a huge problem with it. If a hacker gets banned then they would have to spend there own money to get unbanned again. If they do end up hacking they are basically wasting their money, which is on them. You could also set a limit to the amount of times an account could buy an unban so they don't just keep buying unbans forever. You could also raise the price for each unban that an account has to pay for as well, to make more money (example: $10 first unban, $20 second unban, $40 third unban) and then revoke the access to purchasing unbans after a third purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.