Are mining backpacks worth it?

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by Frodomar49, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Frodomar49

This was a question I have always wondered ever since I first saw them in game. I look at the capacity of just one of them and I think "wow, they must make millions an hour" I even added up a, say, 8,500 or so capacity backpack which would make about 165,000 for every time I sold ores at a sell shop (rank X). I'm wondering if it's worth the huge prices they go for (at least 70 million on /ah). To anyone that has experience with them, how good are they?

2. jemelina

jemelina
    Heya!

Backpack's main purpose is that you don't have to be constantly selling your inventory, as you inventory doesn't fill that quickly. It's also very handy for people without the /sell all perk, so you don't have to walk/fly to sell your inventory nearly as often. When I still mined, I had the /sell all perk so I didn't upgrade my BP more than to 2,5k as I found it handy enough (: But I would say that mining without back packs are very slow and tiring, as you have to be constantly selling your inventory.

The prices of the items also goes higher throughout the season, as the rates goes up when majority of the players begins to have more and more money in game.

3. SniffableSugar

SniffableSugar
    Heya Frodomar

Short answer: Not worth it
    Since mining is pretty dead in the season now with most of the sell shop closing down I would say spawner is better.

Have a nice day <3

xpuma1x likes this.
  4. Frodomar49

I dunno, /p h tokenz and /p h ph have 50k (45k for me so close) sell prices.

5. 10sec

10sec
    Hello.

Answering your question in a very simple way; I'd say it depends.

If you are in the grind for spawners, and your main source of money comes from mining and selling (or simply profit shops), then the answer would definitely be yes. Backpacks decrease the amount of time you spend whilst having to go from the mine to the sell shops, as jemelina said, but also they go for a lot of money, therefore you can cut some pretty decent deals, regardless if it is in-game or IRL, so most of the times having a back is worth it.

On the other hand, however, if you have a considerable amount of spawners, they are definitely not worth it. You can easily make more money by creating your own profit shop of glistering melons and advertising it in chat (keeping in mind that you cannot spam it nor flood the chat). As seeing that most of them are 20k per inventory, people will most likely go to the shop when they don't have the /sell all perk, so you can end up making a lot of profit at the end of the day. =D

Thank you for reading my response!

xx

6. Frodomar49

Thanks for the advice.

Does my math mean anything when I look up these numbers ($45,000 x 32.255 = $146,475 with a 7,500 space backpack) or does that not really equivalent to what I will actually get each time selling (the sell prices at /p h tokenz are around 45k)

7. iTrypt

iTrypt
    Hey! As stated above there are perks to getting it, as you can normally make back the money by selling tokens and your inventory to sell ore shops, personally, I used to mine 24/7 until I got spawners, which at the time, I got them by selling all my backpacks and calling in favors people owed me. Due to mining dying soon, I would say wait for the backpack prices to go down a bit before investing. And since the token prices are rising again, such as /p h tokenz , /p h it , and a few others have 65k tokens and some keep raising prices to get the lead of the token market. So I would say in total, it would be worth it, ONLY IF you mine a lot and are willing to put at least 2-3 hours a day into mining.

8. Tidala

Mining is a little funky right now til we can balance out the sell wands an the shops. But there are still plenty of shops right now, mining is not dead.

I think bps are worth it, I make most of my money mining instead of spawners. They always pay for themselves and more.

9. ehoeian

ehoeian
    I'd say they're handy early season, but as prices go up, I wouldn't consider them useful towards the latter end of a season.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.