Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Announcements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PistolPet, May 22, 2020.

1. PistolPet

PistolPet
    Hey all!
    Today I have an idea that was proposed before but I think it really needs to be considered. Announcements in-game.
    I believe that all announcements made on discord should be somehow announced in-game. I know in a couple of servers when you join you get a pop up with stuff written in a book and quill. Whatever way it's done, I believe this should be added.
    The reason behind it is that so people who aren't on the MCC Discord can get notified of important rule changes, notices and all sorts of other things. I know a lot of people who aren't allowed to have discord because their parents don't allow them, or it is banned in their country or people just don't use discord in general. Regardless, this needs to be added for those reasons above.
    One thing I believe should improve on, in general, is the connection with the server and the players. A lot of the time, players are kind of isolated, the ones not on discord.
    Obviously, there is events and all, but people without discord don't know that. There should be an announcement on the subserver the event is on when it is held and maybe in general, there could be a /event plugin that allows you to see them.
    These are just some ideas I got, let me know what you think :)

Mxats likes this.
  2. Mxats

Mxats
    Hey there!
    I really like this idea! I've also seen this before where you get a book everytime you log in with the latest news, however I do think this should be toggleable. So that you can choose what type of news you want such as staff promos, new rules and maybe you don't want anything since you're in the discord. Overall really great idea. I also like the events thing too, maybe something they can implement in the news book as well?
    Best regards,
    Mats :)

PistolPet likes this.
  3. Simplistiq

snoic
    Hey,

I feel like this would be a great idea. Some people aren't as active on the discord so they dont see any big announcements on this discord so I am all in for this. Or in the lobby you can have a book that you click and it shows all of the announcements. I am all in for this! It would be good for the community! Easy and reasonable idea! +1

Thanks,

PistolPet likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.