Announcement of Ban

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by benc_, Aug 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benc_

benc_
    Hi all,

So sometimes in a game somebody will just randomly disappear mid fight when they're blatantly hacking and sometimes it can be quite confusing. I think a feature that announced when a staff member had banned a user would be useful and would alert players in the game that the person cheating is no longer in their game and has been dealt with appropriately. Implementing this would also reduce reports in the #support channel as players would be aware that a user had already been dealt with.
    This message doesn't necessarily need to say which staff member or even which user, but some form of announcement to let you know that a user in your game would be nice.

Please share your thoughts :)

Thank you

2. InsaneIsMyName

InsaneIsMyName
    I feel like this would just cause other players to briefly stop hacking as it would alert them that there is a staff member spectating. The majority of the time if a player who is blatantly hacking, suddenly disappears mid-fight it's one of two things; 1 - they got banned or 2 - the anticheat kicked them.

I also don't see any need for an announcement as I don't think it really matters if a hacker was banned. Personally, it doesn't confuse me when I don't see their name in game anymore.

I also very rarely see names mentioned twice in support unless the hacker is avoiding staff members or a player gets annoyed that the hacker killed them.

Rev3rse and guih like this.
  3. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Hey benc_,

As InsaneIsMyName said; it'd be a detterant to those who are currently hacking.
    I find Skywars games where I've banned 3 people scaffolding every now and then.

If they saw in chat "Username has been banned!", they may be inclined to stop hacking and come back later; which would stop me being able to ban all of them in one go.
    As it stands, there are even some hack clients that show staff member names, so those people will not hack when staff are around, making them very hard to catch.

Plus, ontop of that, it'd be annoying to see a announcment of every time someone is banned. I've seen small servers do this, and its quite annoying even with a slow feed of ban messages.
    As staff, I see a feed of everyone banned, at peak times there can be 2-3 people banned a minute. I'd rather not have that spamming public chat.

For those reasons, this will not be implemented.

Thread locked.

InsaneIsMyName likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.