An Addition to Reporting Guidelines

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JeremiahGottwald, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremiahGottwald

JeremiahGottwald
    Hello,

I've recently had some of my forum reports denied due to already chat reporting the offences that I was reporting on. While this does make sense, I don't see anything on the player reporting guidelines that mentions this being a rule... I just thought it may be a good idea to add it on there, so that way other players will know not to do that in advance without having their reports denied.

- Jeremiah

2. jemelina

jemelina
    Why would you report the same chat offenses in the forums, if you have already in-game? Unless you are trying to actively collect forum reports for staff application etc, the in-game report system is way faster w handling these. Now they have to check report on the same thing twice, prolly getting ready to punish just to find out they been alrd punished as in-game system is way faster.

randyhotel and lavoova the grape like this.
  3. Trainsgender

Trainsgender
    It seems like common sense to me that you don't report someone twice, but there is no harm in stating it in the rules of course! Personally I prefer the forum report system, because it allows you to give more context on the report than the in-game system (and it counts towards the 50 accepted reports needed for staff application).

JeremiahGottwald likes this.
  4. JeremiahGottwald

JeremiahGottwald
    I agree, but as I said, I just wasn’t aware that you weren’t allowed to do that. That’s why I’m proposing that it be put somewhere in the guidelines. It’s a small change, and that way no one in the future has the same misconception I did.

#4 JeremiahGottwald, May 4, 2022
    Last edited: May 4, 2022
    mcrcus likes this.
  5. mcrcus

mcrcus
    Hello Jeremiah,

I do understand the frustration of forum/chat reporting people only for the forum report to be denied, while the forum report is the only one that matters when going for staff. I always tell people who are trying for staff, if you're going to report someone, do one of them but not both cause one of them is going to get denied. It is a really common mistake so don't worry at all.

Now although I don't agree with the fact that we should accept forum reports that have already been chatreported by the same user, because like others have said it would be annoying on the reports team end, I do agree with the fact that it should be mentioned in the guidelines somewhere. Like I said, it is a really common mistake that people make and it overall is just annoying.

<3

6. boomrabbits_

boomrabbits_
    Hey JeremiahGottwald.

This has now been added to the player report guidelines.

| Thread Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.