Allowing the Purchase of an Unban

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Ashley2018, Jun 6, 2022.

?

Allow Unban Purchasing?

1. Yes - Buy an Unban!

2. No - Do the crime, do the time

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ashley2018

I have seen many servers do this, where on shop they offer the ability to buy an unban and I think it would be a great idea. I would pay around $250 for an unban, and Im sure other people would too. Just a thought!

2. Bazinga

Lmao Ur joking right?

3. Who the hell would pay $250 for Mcc

4. With your presence it should cost more

5. LeafyTiger24

LeafyTiger24
    Hello

This idea has been up many times before and is certainly not going to happen due to the problems that this could cause (e.g. a rich player keeps hacking and buying unbans). There have been many threads like this in the past and all of them have been turned down so i can confidently say that its not going to happen.

6. No
    More like it’s not going to happen cuz the server is shit and nobody would pay 250 y’all can sit here and get mad at me but you know it’s true

7. ThorKingOfAsgard

ThorKingOfAsgard
    I'm against the idea of purchasing an unban for certain reasons. The first reason if you did the crime you do the time and you have to wait the allotted time. If you feel like the ban was unjust go to https://mccentral.org/community/forums/appeals/ and fill out the form and the staff member whom issued the ban will look at the appeal. Also, having the ability to purchasing bans can be easily abused like what @LeafyTiger24 mentioned "that a rich player can keep buying unbans and keep on hacking or whatever thing they did to get banned"

LeafyTiger24 likes this.
  8. EssentialsPlus

EssentialsPlus
    this server is already dead but this isn't even a bad idea if the person still breaks rules after they buy the unban they're just retarded and wasted money and the server benefits from it. The real hackers or rule breakers just use alt accounts

9. betterthanu

didnt they reset bans due to lack of players lol.chances are noone gives enough shits to buy an mcc unban when the mods aren't as motivated as they used to be(which makes sense since they have nothing to moderate LOL)Anyways my point is it's pretty easy to just slip into the server with an alt using a different ip(ur friends house,ur aunties house,mcdonalds,starbucks,etc.) and not have to pay for an unban.It works most of the time unless u just stupidly claimed that ur a banned player and arouse suspicion around you.Also unbans wont make the server as good or populated as it was 2020-early 2021.

Deleted member 60613 likes this.
  10. mcrcus

mcrcus
    Hello Ashley,

This idea has been brought up in the past a bunch, and this server actually had a feature like that but it was removed. I am not sure how much you had to pay for it, but it was removed for potential reasons that had to do with Mojang's EULA. The idea of buying unbans went against their EULA so if we were to add them, then our server would get in trouble by Mojang.

But ignoring the idea that the EULA wouldn't go against buying unbans, I am a big -1 on the idea for multiple reasons. First off, as people have said, $250 for an unban is simply too much. There have been complaints before in the past about the ranks being too expensive so I do not believe that if they were to be added, they wouldn’t go for 250. Second, even if they did go for 250, without putting a limit on how many you’re allowed to do, can be abused to the max. A lot of hackers will constantly just come back and buy unbans, either regular ban or IP ban which makes everything way more complicated.

So I’m -1. It can easily be abused, but ignoring that it’s too expensive, and ignoring that it would have to follow the EULA

11. abbs

Abbskababs
    Okay but like... what'd ya get banned for?

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.