Allow some screen recording in reports

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by SplatBerry, Dec 27, 2020.

1. SplatBerry

SplatBerry
    Every once in a while I I find a hacker without my screen recorder open. I immediately record them via my phone but the report can’t be accept for it isn’t a screen recording, although they were obviously hacking.
    my suggestion: I suggest that a very clear non-screen recording should be accepted. Suck as:

2. Dionnysus

Dionnysus
    Heya Splat1221. How are you doing?

First of all, thanks for taking the time to report players. I am not a member of the reports team myself but I think that implementing this would be a horrible idea. It might seem like a decent quality video but implementing this would cause a ton of reports with just bad quality and it would result in a lot of reports getting denied. It would just be a waste of their time. It's really not that difficult to download a decent screen-recording software and to use that for reporting players. Most recording software can even be run with PC's that aren't that fast. And if you get the hang of it, it's even faster to use as well. If you do have trouble finding good settings for a screen-recording software (or finding a good screen-recording software in general) I'm more than happy to assist you with it on discord.

I'm curious about what other players think of this. With some good formulated (counter)arguments, I would be more than happy to forward this idea to try to get this implemented. But overall not a big fan of the idea myself.

Have a nice day :D

3. boomrabbits_

boomrabbits_
    Hey Splat1221! Hope you are having a good day :D

I would have to agree with Dionnysus with this one, Although the one you included in your thread seems to be sufficient, other players will also start doing this and it might not be the best quality so many reports would get denied by this. Personally, My PC is pretty slow in general so what I tend to use it replay mod when I do my forum reports because OBS takes around 1 minute to open. Once I have the replay saved then I go to watch the replay and then OBS that instead of the game. You could always contact me on discord (boomrabbits_#6954) if you need any help with this but overall this is a -1 from me :(

Have a lovely rest of your day / night!
    Contact me on discord if you have any questions!
    -boom

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.