Add Chunk loaders

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by thatblondkidalex, Oct 15, 2019.

1. thatblondkidalex

thatblondkidalex
    I think that chunk loaders would be super helpful to add to skyblock next season. I think they should be extremely hard to get (epic prize is myth crates?) and there should be a cap of 4-5 per island. I think it'd be helpful for those who don't have alts or the means to afk their farms 24/7.
    What do you guys think?

2. catsmeow247

3. thatblondkidalex

thatblondkidalex
    Edit -
    Also to reduce the demand for them, you could make spawners stackable(similar to mobs) stack up to 64 spawners in one block to reduce the size of farms, thus allowing them to fit within a single chunk

4. GLOCKPRINCESS

Marbellaa
    cool idea!

thatblondkidalex likes this.
  5. iFootball

These used to be in the game. The last season or the one before the last. From my point of view, they worked great. From the view of the server, I'm not sure what problems they caused and their reason for removal. I agree that the use of alts could be terminated by the input of chunk loaders. I would love to see them added, but we will have to wait until we can get an answer from a staff member who understands the technical aspect of it.

6. thatblondkidalex

thatblondkidalex
    yeah i heard about that. Im assuming that they were causing the storage of too much data, maybe causing server lag. thats why i think there should be a fairly low cap on the number you can have, and it should be very hard to get them, on top of that, stackable spawners would help reduce lag within the loaded chunk.

7. I think there was a good reason why chunk loaders where removed from this season of skyblock.

Personally myself I thought chunck loader was ruining skyblock experience, as it allowed a user to own AFK farms where they can farm money 24/7, and the player should manually be on the island doing stuff in order to survive (like the original skyblock) but thats not the case.

People that own alts to replace chuckloader is a new method of replacing the chunckloader in general as you said above “using alts”

Making chunckloader rarer to win is useless as chunckloaders back than were already rare to win and still people had tons of them (that bought keys) and having limits to them is also pretty not worthy as creating an afk farm in one chuck (might be a challenge / nothing) as people prefer to own more than one big afk farm (which would require way more chunckloaders) and having limit would just ruin chunckloader usage in general.

I still understand what you’re trying to say about adding them back (it can help a lot) but I personally don’t think they should be a thing in skyblock (using an alt is the only solution at the moment to replace the chunkloader) and again this is all just my opinion.

~Cya!

8. thatblondkidalex

thatblondkidalex
    I see where you're coming from, but chunk loaders were introduced before tokens, people were able to afk for spawners, now since there are tokens, afking mass money and spawners isnt as easy, as tokens are strictly gained through manual labor. also, a limited number of these on the island( say, 4-8) would prevent them from loading giant farms.

9. Syn

Syn

Syntaxvgm
    Another problem with chunk loaders is they keep running even if a player no longer plays anymore until reset basically. So in addition to farms getting bigger, someone could quit month 1 and that's 5 more months those chunks will run with the farms in it for no reason.
    Using alts is a great solution imo, you get 9 chunks out of 1 alt, and you can even use a console client and auto relog at restart time if you want to put the effort in. The console client uses like 10MB of memory and you can run it alongside other games or whatever no problem.

The only reason you have a money wall at all for alts is simply this being a server that enforces you own a copy of the game (not a cracked server). If this were a cracked server it would basically be the perfect solution, but otherwise its about as good as it can be. Would you rather have to get loaders from keys and be kicked for afking yourself, or know a set price of like 25$ gets you a 9 chunk loader basically. And your first one (your main) is free. You can do a lot with 9 chunks.

If you have any friends that used to play MC but dont anymore, ask to use their account maybe.

#9 Syn, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  10. thatblondkidalex

thatblondkidalex
    a way around this is to add the need to "recharge" the chunk loaders, maybe it will cost tokens, and if you pay the tokens, the chunk loader will work for a certain period of time before needing another recharge.

11. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    Now this could be an interesting idea that could be added to spice up skyblock. Chunk loaders were good but doing something like this to integrate them back into the game would be nice. However recharging should not only take tokens but a lot of money too.

-Olli

12. Syn

Syn

Syntaxvgm
    Lol hell no what is wrong with you people? I like it free.
    And I've already spent 100$ on 4 alts. So have others.

koh7 likes this.
  13. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    I would like chunk loaders personally to be added back in at a large cost to players however as there is such a big divide within the community about it there is almost no doubt that it won't be added back. So be happy Syn xD

I just feel like MCC needs something to reinvent the way sub-servers are running as there is nothing really new and extremely exciting for players who continue over many seasons doing the same exact thing e.g. introducing tokens which did nothing about stopping players afking spawners.

This, however, is not our fault or the servers fault. All I can say is you wasted money. 1 acc even 2 is good enough. I personally only have this 1 acc which was my friends when he quit. So technically I have never paid any money for an acc.

-Olli

14. Syn

Syn

Syntaxvgm
    No, it's exactly how the server is designed to run and I'm ok with that.
    As I said before, having accounts instead of loaders, I believe, is actually better performance wise for the server. If there were money pit chunk loaders, the 18 chunks I have dedicated to profit shops would never have happened had there been a one account and no afk rule.
    How do you even enforce paid timed chunkloaders? People would make afk machines and have a huge unfair advantage if they're not caught. You can do a lot with 9 chunks.
    Ok, say you have a 1 account rule, and can afk that account, buying chunk loaders for more than 9 chunks, then teams now have a huge advantage over solo players like me.
    Also the player count this late in the season could be 15-20 most of the time. I mean I alone count for 5 people, em is another 5, and the total player count is usually slightly above 50 or as low as 30 right now.

#14 Syn, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.