Add Chunk Loaders?

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by MrMonkey, Oct 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMonkey

0MrMonkey0
    As a retired faction player, I thought chunk loaders would be a good item to add to prison servers, it would allow people to stop afking and let their spawners work with the chunk loaders. just and idea

For people who don't know what a chunk loader is :

Chunk loader

The chunk loader is very useful. It keeps chunks of the world loaded even when a player is far enough away that the chunk should unload. This will allow crops to grow, machines to work, and other things to function (even across dimensions).

LethalReach likes this.
  2. LethalReach

AlphaViruss
    I agree with you 100%. My only concern is if the server will lag because of the chunk loader... Otherwise, great suggestion. I hope they add this. +1

3. MrMonkey

0MrMonkey0
    I don't believe it will lag because McCentral used to have chunk loaders in factions and they were great

4. IStrefe

IStrefe
    As said by @MrMonkey doubt the server will lag, Factions still to this day has chunkloaders and work perfectly fine and are usefull, so yeah I would 100% agree!

Have a lovely day!
    -IStrefe

MrMonkey likes this.
  5. Maayk

Maayk
    My take on this is I agree with @LethalReach that lag could definitely a problem by adding chunk loaders in to prison. My reasoning behind this is due to the number of spawners that people have to date. So it would be lots of spawners = more entities = lag.

With Factions having chunk loaders for quite some time now, I think you couldn't compare the number of spawners that Prison has compared to Factions (I'm not sure regarding this but please correct me I'm wrong).

For me, its a +1 as long as they can find a way to mitigate the possible server lag this could cause.

Just my two cents here. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.