Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Add Back Build Team

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simplistiq, May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simplistiq

snoic
    Hey,

I was checking out the staff ranks and roles they have on this website, here is the link https://mc-central.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Staff_Ranks . I found this interesting because I saw the builder rank.
    I feel like they should add back builders, this is what they said about the role of build team and what it is,

"Builder (also known as Build Team) was one of the staff ranks on Minecraft Central. It was added on the 6th of August 2015 and was removed on the 15th of October 2017. It could be obtained by applying for it on the website. A total of 79 users had this rank. The Build Team included 3 ranks: Build Team Admin, Senior Builder and Builder.
    Builder and the other Build Team ranks were not regular staff ranks, as they had no special permissions in-game. The main job of the Build Team was to create new Minigame maps and spawn for the server. Many of the currently used Minigame maps are built by the Build Team. The Build Team had its own server where the building took place."

I feel like they should add back the build team, I feel like maps are lacking, and I dont see a amazing production of maps being produced. It would be great to see a return of the build team because we would see new maps, maybe some new lobbies, etc. We really need new maps, really badly. I feel like a good amount of people would join the build team. There is a bunch of great builders on this server, and I feel like there is a bunch of potential for good map builds. This would be great! I hope to see a return of the build team at some time! Not now, at least sometime soon whenever is the best! Thanks, I just feel like bringing back the build team would be great!

Thanks,

2. Swinger

Swinger
    I've touched on this before in other threads. As an ex-builder, I'd love the team to make a return, but there would be a huge amount of hurdles to get over before the owners have a functioning and economical team.

Alex and Jeremy currently use an external build team to do their subserver reset building, and as far as I know, they're satisfied with the work they get from them. If a new build team was to be made, it would either a) be taking the place of the external build team, or b) be exclusively for building minigame maps, while the external team focused on subserver resets.

The problem with a community build team (where players can apply to be a server exclusive builder) taking the place of the team they have now is that it's more inconsistent in the quality and dedication of the members. The big issue with the old team was that it wasn't as well managed as it could have been, and had a few members who weren't super motivated. External build teams work well in that they're not tied to the server, they're proven professionals, and they're quick and efficient because they don't typically spend extra time playing the servers they build for (which is also a downside, as they don't have the gameplay understanding a player would).

There's also problems with a new build team that's just focused on minigames. For it to be economical (in the sense that the money Alex and Jeremy pay the build team would be feeding back into the server through quality maps), the owners would be committing to frequent minigame updates. At least every 2-4 months. This is something that I don't think the owners would commit to given their focus on subservers, unless some big changes are made with how they're able to add maps. Even then, one or two minigame updates are covered just by good maps from the map submissions forum section.

I would like for MCC to have a build team again. A system would have to be set up together with the owners and the Quality Assurance team for the quick adding of minigame maps, and you'd have to keep the team limited to a small group of dedicated builders so that you aren't pumping money into maps uneconomically, but it could absolutely work with the right management. Alex and Jeremy can use an external team for subserver resets, and the build team could be in charge of a minigame map update every 3-4 months. This would all hinge on them wanting to make a bigger commitment to minigames, so I think we'll just have to see where their focus lies after the supposed upcoming minigames revamp.

Lxyne, Phraze, Airpxds and 3 others like this.
  3. ThorKingOfAsgard

ThorKingOfAsgard
    Hey, @iluvhotmoms I totally agree with you to bring back the build team. The reason for this is because the main lobby the one you join once you join the server. The lobby is kind of bland and I wish there was a new look to the lobby which I am happy to build the lobby. I do agree with you that we are lacking maps and I want to see new lobby designs. However, it is up to the owners @AlexMarkey and @Vislo to decide if they want to add back the build team which will be awesome. Overall it is +1 for the idea of bringing back the build team and have a wonderful day or night.

Simplistiq likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.