Add apples to Survival Games?

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Elecctricc, May 28, 2021.

1. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Hey gang,

I was playing a game of SG just before when I noticed that I had 8 gold ingots, I was wondering what would be worth making with them into (considered 4 golden hoes for memes) then this idea popped into my head.

Should apples be added as tier 1 loot to survival games? This gives a new and more appropriate use of gold in the game as I can't imagine many people would have willingly crafted a gold sword/armour - even after the introduction of this they would still be a viable crafting option and much cheaper compared to a golden apple

Apples provide as a good food resource in the game already and relative to the other food types (cooked items, pumpkin pie) they are one of the weaker choices when it comes to food.

As far as I have observed not much of anything needs to be adjusted balance wise - if they wanted to make golden apples more elusive they could decrease the chance of gold ingots spawning. I only got my 8 ingots after killing multiple players who just happened to have gold on them + loot a few chests therefore its unlikely to assume players would have an unreasonable amount of golden apples during combat.

It would provide as a good large scale practice for UHC - while not close in comparison (ArenaPvP has it's own UHC mode) the idea would provide as a soft introduction to newer players who want to get into playing UHC and understand when/how to heal at the correct time ect

Let me know your thoughts! Do you think you would want this added?
    Good luck in your games!

#1 Elecctricc, May 28, 2021
    Last edited: May 28, 2021
  2. 10sec

10sec
    Hello, Elecctricc!

This idea also came up to me as I was playing a couple of days ago. The truth is, I don't believe this would be a good addition to the game, simply because this would end up enabling people to have higher chances of healing, and henceforth as a consequence, unbalancing the game.

Firstly, the current system enables you to get golden apples both from normal chests and tier chests, and, as I see it, this is already more than enough. Speaking from personal experience, yesterday I was playing a game and once I opened my tier 2 chest, there were 3 golden apples in it. Later into that same game, I had 12 gold ingots, so basically I could make one more golden apple. 4 golden apples in a deathmatch is a really overpowered situation, especially considering some variables such as if I were teaming with another user and the deathmatch was a 2v1; if I were full iron with a diamond sword, if the player was new to the game or even if I had enchanted gear - this would be unfair and I don't believe players would enjoy it, especially since most players already complain about the teaming issue, this would only be another one of their complaints.

The point of having that many golden ingots is, as you said, to craft armor pieces or weapons, because new players don't have the necessary 5100 credits to buy the two tier chests in order to increase their initial loot. Enabling players, but not those new players, the ones who are experienced and main survival games, to craft more golden apples than the ones available in the game currently, would kill the spirit of "survival games", which is basically to survive with the resources you find throughout the map

Regarding your idea that this will be beneficial because of its relation to UHC, I don't quite agree so either. As I've played a fair amount of UHC games, I can securely tell you that survival games matches aren't a good practice for UHC, as *in most scenarios* we are either full iron and have iron swords or full diamond with diamond/iron swords (discarding the enchantments; notches), and the healing times and damage dealt are both completely different!

Overall, I do believe this would be a good addition in theory, but would not have a great outcome once added.

Have a nice day x

#2 10sec, May 28, 2021
    Last edited: May 28, 2021
    Elecctricc likes this.
  3. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    I read your entire post and I must say that it does put up an incredibly good argument! Especially the part about "killing the spirit of survival games" which I do agree with, my section on the UHC part in hindsight didn't pose the correct relevance in complete hindsight however I do understand what you mean with the different timings ect, I tried to cover all bases by naming it as a "soft introduction".

Overall I do agree with your points and will see if I can think of a better strategy for gold! Thanks for your input @Equivalently xx

10sec likes this.
  4. SplatBerry

SplatBerry
    Heya!

This idea has come up to my whole playing the other day. Because of adding gold ingots, I was thinking the server should add apples, so you could use a crafting table to make a golden apple. This idea would be cool, for your using your resources wisely. I believe the gold rate could stay the same, and the apple rate would be the lowest food rate. (Possibly). This would make a cool impact on the game, and I believe others would like it too.

I would agree with this. It’s. Fairy easy change but would be a cool one to have. It would also still be balanced as Elecctricc said, and there won’t be a need to adjust other things within Survival Games, to balance it out.

+1
    Splat

5. micunmuted

PLARPS
    Hello Elecctricc,
    So I see what your saying here but I don't really want to have a lot of golden apples, because it can get annoying. Someone with some bread vs. someone with 3 golden apples because they got really lucky with chests is gonna win. Even though the gold rate isn't super high I like that golden apples are pretty rare to get and I want it to stay that way. There's gonna be at least 1 person with a golden apple left to spare and deathmatch and probably would win. I feel like sometimes it would be really annoying that someone has multiple golden apples and you can't win because of how many they have. -1

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.