Add an anti exploit!!

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by train687, Jun 9, 2020.

1. train687

train687
    There has literally been no anti exploit in MCC that I know off, and if there is an anti exploit then it's honestly terrible.

Literally in 1 hour of playing Skywars I met about 25 hackers..... This can't go on.

2. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Hey train687,

We do have an anticheat. It definitely has some flaws, howeve it is what it is.
    We could turn off the anticheat and you'd see how much of a difference it actually makes - however we'd rather not do that to prove a point.

If you've played any other servers, you'd know the hacking problem is exactly the same; all filled with hackers.

It isn't as simple as "buy an anticheat" as so many players stuggest. If it was that simple, we would have bought it already.
    Unforunately, hack clients make a lot of money, and as such, they have developers working full time to exploit/bypass anticheats.
    Even if we had several developers working full time on an anticheat (one other popular server has a whole team dedicated to its anticheat system... which still gets bypassed), the hacks would only be stopped for a few days until the client developers find new bypasses.

Likewise, the more tough and strict we make the anticheat, the more false positives get detected. Meaning legit players suffer from lagback, missed clicks, etc.
    Its a really neuanced balance that needs to be attained; that where blatant hackers are stopped, whilst regular players are not affected.

Other routes to go down would be building our own custom client with built in anticheat and restricting gameplay to those on our custom client; however that would severly reduce our player count, as you'd need to know how to install a custom client to play. Other servers have gone down this route, and it never worked out for them. This is not something we'd ever consider doing.

We see the hackers, we ban literally hundreds daily. (During peak times its not uncommon to see 2-3 players banned by our dedicated staff team, per minute)
    We naturally would love a hacker-free environment; but that is a reality that will never come to be, unforunately.

The bottom line is, the hacking problem stops with you, the players.
    If players don't use hack clients, there wouldn't be a hacker problem; its really as simple as that...

I hope this explains things a little better.

Akhu likes this.
  3. UrBorinq

UrBorinq
    Hello-
    Hey, as KirenBoal said there is anti-cheat I mean it's not the best and needs an update for sure sorry MCC. But I would say that MCC has done a lot to get were got and yeah the anti-cheat may get fixed in the near future but I bet you there always be hackers no matter what as more people make new clients and find exploits in the system so I mean there is really no like the main fix to this.
    Thank you,
    UrBorinq

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.