add a towny earth realm and remove arenapvp

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Peddlers, Jul 5, 2020.

?

Add Towny and remove arenapvp?

1. Add Towny and remove arenapvp

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Add Towny

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. remove arenapvp

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. neither

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Peddlers

Because arenapvp has 10 people on at peak, it should be removed. It should be replaced by towny. It's basically towns in a virtual simulation of planet earth, which would be really cool.

2. TeddyOreo

TeddyOreo
    Hi Peddlers,

I personally enjoy ArenaPvP because it is a good place to host team duels and play ranked matches. I see many people playing ArenaPvP and they seem to enjoy it. I think it fits well with what MCC has to offer and I don't think it should be removed. Towny sounds like a really big addition to the server and I don't really see many people playing it. There really isn't a point in making a sub server that only gets 10-20 players at a time. Having such a massive new sub server will put a lot of work on the owners to make and perfect. Also, there is already a survival sub server which sounds similar to Towny so it would be really weird having 2 sub servers that are basically the same.

3. YupImDuck

I understand of the want of a change, but I would think arenapvp is fine, I enjoy practicing there and 1v1ing some people too ^-^, although it is a good idea I wouldn't see much attention after its initial release. Nice idea though!

4. forgranted

inhabited
    Heya, I disagree with this quite strongly as I have seen more than 25+ players on arena very recently(today).
    Towny sounds like a neat idea, but I do not believe it would get many players especially with all the resets that have occurred and are occurring. Arena is also one of the best, if not the best, place for players to practice their PVP with no fear. In kit you can lose many valuable items and the gear is not always the same, making it hard to practice there. Another thing is that UHC players often warm up here and would have to start going to different sub servers and duel people which is way less efficient and more time-consuming. Overall, -1 strongly.

#4 forgranted, Jul 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  5. Reeme

Reeme
    Hey,

As forgranted said it a great place to practice PVP without getting killed on 1 hit in kit PVP. Also, I think Arena is great to duel your friends without the hassle of other people from kit joining it. Therefore, it would be a fair fight. The Towny sounds like an interesting idea and maybe something like that would be implemented in the future.

Have a good day/night.

6. guih

guihzy
    If you hop on arena 15ish minutes prior to a uhc event you’ll find around 40 people on. I must agree with people above by saying that “towny” would be an interesting game mode. However I do not see a point on removing arena to add something new.

7. Peddlers

To clarify, I'd let /duel remain, but I don't often see people dueling in arenapvp itself.

8. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    First off, I don't think adding a new subserver necessarily needs to come at the expense of an existing one. Thus, I don't see how bringing up ArenaPvP is relevant or related to the idea of adding a Towny server. I don't see any downside to having our ArenaPvP server as it currently is - sure, it may not be the most popular server but that is by design as it really only has one specific purpose/set of features.

As for the idea of implementing a Towny server, I feel that this wouldn't quite fit amongst the other subservers across the MCC network. Towny can get boring for many users quickly, and is really only enjoyable for those who spend large amounts of time and effort dedicated specifically to their town. Based on the playerbase of MCC, this would probably only be a small amount of super invested players which would create a cycle of inertia within the Towny server as a whole. I believe that the current Skyblock (especially after the newest update) and Survival servers provide a lot of the same benefits that Towny can, but are much more accessible and provide more opportunities to players that may not want to dedicate months and months to a single server.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.