Add a 'Recent Posts' page on the forums

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by kuieren, Apr 1, 2021.

1. kuieren

kuieren
    Hey there!

I noticed a while ago that there’s currently a page on the forums that we’re only able to access through the mobile version of the website or copying and pasting the link. It is basically a much larger version of the Latest Posts and Latest Profile Posts widgets on the side of the forums page.

I’m not really sure why this isn’t accessible on the desktop website, and I feel it would be a great to have it added there as using this page is much more convenient to use than having to look around for threads you may have missed or having to rely on the 5 posts on the side of the home page (especially given these can disappear quite quickly depending on how active the forums are).

Let me know what you think! :)

OriAlfi likes this.
  2. Dionnysus

Dionnysus
    Bonjour kuieren,

I'm also aware that the mobile forums and the desktop one differ from each other in a few ways. It's also way easier to get to the 'notable members' topic on mobile than it is on desktop. I don't know why they are a little bit different but I've never experienced it to be a problem.

I think the
    Recent Post section we have right now on desktop versions is fine and I also am not sure why it's different than the one we have on mobile, and while I think a bigger one than the mobile version offers could be a nice addition I think a 'Trending' or 'Hot' based on the number of likes or replies to a thread one could be cool and beneficial. From a staff's perspective, this shows us what topics players like discussed and we can keep an eye on it easier to look for input and ideas that are given on sub-server ideas threads.

I am just not sure if Xenforo supports a tab like this tho :3

OriAlfi, SplatBerry and kuieren like this.
  3. OriAlfi

OriAlfi
    Hey!
    I totally agree with you, As a mobile user, I’m already used to using the recent thread link you mentioned, but I didn’t know it’s only at mobile. I think it will make the forums more active and convenient to use. I totally agree with dionnysus’s idea too if having a trending page at forums, it will just make the app more convenient and just more easy-to-use.

Another thing I would add to this idea/suggestion is to relocate the forums latest threads and the members message more up in the web so you don’t need to scroll down just to get to it every time which is really annoying sometimes. Other then that I think there’s not a real reason to why this shouldn’t get added besides not being admins first priority.
    +1
    -Oria

kuieren and micunmuted like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.