Add a pinned message to support

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by BeBox, Jan 16, 2021.

1. BeBox

Add a pinned message in #support in the MCC Community Discord
    Something like this:

Hello! To properly enter a players name in discord for everyone to see in its base format, consider using `. That is found next to the 1 key on your keyboard, and allows you to type names in that have underscores. For example: _Timppali_ turns into `_Timppali_`

It'll allow people to easily write in player names and saves everyone from asking how to do it.

Ahnxious and SplatBerry like this.
  2. Ahnxious

Emiies
    Along with that I think they should add a little reminder why there is a #support and to use it correctly (or punishments will occur)

3. Nikki_

Nikki_
    hey there,
    personally I don't really think either of these additions are necessary. Most staff members already know that italic names are meant to actually have underscores on either side of their name, and even if a very few don't, they will most likely see their name in the game anyways. As for freak's suggestion, I don't particularly think it is necessary either, as people can just look at the rules anyways.
    -Nikki

Swaggle likes this.
  4. Swaggle

Swaggle
    Hello! I agree with Nikki, these messages don't seem necessary. You're easily able to search how to format your messages in Discord and there are multiple websites that show you how to do it. It simply takes a quick internet search or asking for help from another community member or staff member. I see no harm done in telling the player directly how to do it vs. a pinned message. The player may not even check pinned messages and the interaction can happen a lot faster and help the player communicate what they need help with! As far as a reminder for how #support should be used, at the top of your Discord screen next to the channel name #support, there's a message talking about how the channel should be used as well as mentioning to read more in #rules_and_information. I think this has already been achieved and there are some players who will simply refuse to obey these rules about the channel in the first place. As Nikki said, a quick glance at the rules can tell them everything they need to know and they're free to ask questions if they'd like. Thank you for the suggestions though and I appreciate your concern about this!

Nikki_ likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.