Add a leaderboard for person with most followers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kyle, Aug 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyle

On forums there are leaderboards for kind of useless things. There should be one for person with the most followers

2. Phraze

Phraze
    The only leaderboards on the forums are the ones for in-game, unless there's a section on the new forums I've yet to discover. I don't really see a point to this, you said it yourself, it's useless. The follower feature is basically just Xenforo's version of friends, and a friends leaderboard sounds even more stupid. Followers are just to see each other's feed and acknowledge you're friends with a person pretty much.

Dog7000 likes this.
  3. EssentialsPlus

EssentialsPlus
    Idk how I feel about this, this could easily be abused and players will be able to bot their follows and it will be harder to moderate compared to messages.
    There is a leaderboard which is here

puposaurus likes this.
  4. Phraze

Phraze
    I'm aware of that. I didn't necessarily consider that a leaderboard since it's titled "Notable members" and only has most likes/posts, and it's not really a competition to become the most notable.

Dog7000 likes this.
  5. puposaurus

puposaurus
    as mentioned above, i don’t see a point for a most follower’s board/showcase area for this forums. it can get abused with bots/multiple fake accounts being made; it can also result in people just asking for follows for follows.
    also, staffs would most likely be on the top boards and not so much normal players/community members. not saying that it’d only be staff, but they would be most common on it.
    also, as mentioned there’s a notable members page for users with most forums posts and most forums upvotes..
    keep in mind that this is a community of minectaft gamers to discuss mcc-related topics n’ such. a follower leaderboard/showcase would seem like soemthing that belongs on instagram or something.
    okie. hope this makes sense
    overall, im not a huge fan of this idea and don’t really see it being implemented

have a good day!
    ~pup

6. Dog7000

For those that think the "most likes/posts" means something shows how much self-esteem you have as a person. There are people on the forums that make posts that are unnecessary that don't contribute at all to the discussion taking place and they know who they are. As Phraze has said above, the so-called "leaderboards" isn't designed to be a competition among players. It's just a bragging right that really isn't even worth bragging about.

7. Josh

@AlexMarkey would probably be #1 if this were added.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.